Insanity or P90X

Options
I am wanting to start some exercising at home since I can't get to the gym. I am about 100#s over weight and want to do either p90 or insanity. I want something that is going to kick my A** and burn the most fat the quickest. I understand I will not be able to keep up to start with but I know I will eventually. Just wanting opinions on which one would be best and if anyone knows where I can find them cheap! Thank you all. Please no haters

Replies

• arabi921
    arabi921 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will go will definitely go with Insanity. It's really going to Kick your a**. Just go at your pace ..
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    They are 2 totally different programs so it depends what interests you more. Insanity requires no equipment so that could be a factor unless you already have what you'd need for P90X. Insanity is a killer but you can definitely move at your own pace and take breaks when you need to. Check Craigslist in your area to see if anyone is selling. You may be able to find them cheaper on Ebay also.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have 30 lbs t lose, and I find insanity to hard...P90x is good but I add in turbofire, or running to get in more cardio
  • jorpa99
    Options
    What is turbo fire?
  • kikicooks
    Options
    What is turbo fire?

It's another Beachbody program. If you've heard of Turbo Jam it's a kicked up version of that, it's fun. It's kinda a cardio kickboxing thing but more than that. I personally like it much better than Insanity but it really depends on what kind of workouts you like doing.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Insanity all the way for burning fat. Straight up HIIT workouts, heart rate up the entire time.

I completed two consecutive rounds of P90X, and started a P90X/Insanity hybrid. By the end of my first Insanity workout, I was in "child's pose", curled up on the floor, covered in sweat, and thinking "What just happened? I thought I was in shape!"

It was awesome.
  • SonicaBE
    SonicaBE Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have attempted Insanity multiple times, but each time I start I can make to day 4 or 5 and then cant...It is hard, but effective. I would do it eventually, once I have dropped a bit of weight since it is hard on ur joints. I dont want to discourage you from doing it, everyone is diff, but that was my experience.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    There's also P90X Lean as well, which is more cardio focused (as opposed to P90X classic) and not nearly as difficult as something like Insanity.
  • heatheralvina
    heatheralvina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    INSANITY!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Are you starting from not exercising at all? If so, I would start with walking before jumping into these.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I vote for Insanity :drinker:
  • LoniS
    LoniS Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i'm doing Focus T 25, and I find it to be easier to get started since it's only 25 mins. plus they have a modifier. I tried P90X, but I wasn't ready for it.
  • kikicooks
    Options
    i'm doing Focus T 25, and I find it to be easier to get started since it's only 25 mins. plus they have a modifier. I tried P90X, but I wasn't ready for it.

I was actually just going to suggest Focus T25. I liked Insanity for the most part and did it for about a month but T25 came out and I like it so much better. Don't let the 25 min fool you, its still an awesome workout.
  • evemarie1103
    Options
    Check out DDP Yoga. It's epic. Seriously.
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Insanity fan :)

(just make sure you know your limits and take breaks as needed -- as with any exercise program)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 10 of Insanity and I LOVE it so far. It is definitely tough, but you can go at your own pace and take a little break if you need to. It's a lot of fun. As mentioned above, I thought I was in decent shape from exercising more regularly throughout the year, but after the first day, I felt like it was my first time exercising ever, lol.

I haven't tried P90X, but I did do P90 which was recommended to me to try before doing P90X. So that might be something to look into as well. It was fun, but not as challenging as Insanity has been. P90 is alternating days of cardio and weights.

Whichever you decide, good luck!
  • jorpa99
    Options
    Insanity all the way for burning fat. Straight up HIIT workouts, heart rate up the entire time.

I completed two consecutive rounds of P90X, and started a P90X/Insanity hybrid. By the end of my first Insanity workout, I was in "child's pose", curled up on the floor, covered in sweat, and thinking "What just happened? I thought I was in shape!"

It was awesome.

LOL your scaring me :)
  • thatrachelallen
    Options
    I finished Insanity in June and LOVED it! Now, I'm on the second month of T25 and after that I'll be doing a chalean extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid!

I think that P90x workouts are SO long and they require so much stuff that it just isn't worth it.
  • kikicooks
    Options

It was awesome.

LOL your scaring me :)

It is called Insanity for a reason lol. It's intense but you can do it at your own intensity/pace so don't let us scare you. They all move like they are on speed, but I did things at my own pace and it was still a great workout and calorie burn.
  • jorpa99
    Options
    Are you starting from not exercising at all? If so, I would start with walking before jumping into these.

I am starting from scratch. I mean I am capable of walking and the elliptical or bike at low intensity but have not trained in over 10 years.