Changing my goal

Options
Has anyone else here changed their end goal pretty drastically from when they started? I know I have!

My initial goal was 170 which would put me at a healthy BMI. When I weighed 193 I really didn't think I had that much to lose.

Now that I'm almost at that goal I know I'm going to keep going until I lose at least another 20, to put me at 150. Looking in the mirror I know I'm not nearly where I want to be yet in terms of loss and fitness.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every little bit of every pound lost and I celebrate the dozens of NSV's I have experienced recently. But dang, I have more to lose than I thought!

Replies

• obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Yup. I've changed mine. I thought I could only get to 150. Once there I realized I had PLENTY more to lose. And instead of feeling sad I was excited that I could actually do more!
  • kidtachyon
    kidtachyon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've adjusted my final goal three times. I think it took some early success for me to wrap my mind around the fact that a truly health weight is an achievable goal.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my goal yet because I haven't got anywhere near it yet.
    :indifferent:
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Originally wanted to be around 135, then I spiraled into an ED. I wanted to be 115lb (very low for my body type). I soon recovered and now I want to be 140-145 with rocking muscles!
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Originally wanted to be around 135, then I spiraled into an ED. I wanted to be 115lb (very low for my body type). I soon recovered and now I want to be 140-145 with rocking muscles!

I like this post! I agree that if I got to about 155-160 and then can tone up a lot, I'll be a lot less concerned with weight than just being strong and looking fit.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't really have an exact goal, I just want a healthy weight that I can maintain.