Success with C25K?

Options
_dreaface
_dreaface Posts: 41 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hey everyone! Well I'm back in MFP, at first I tried it with Herbalife and lost 10 lbs in about a month but eventually I got sick and tired of shakes!

As of Monday I have completely cut out soda/juice and only drinking water. In the morning ill have a Special K Protein shake for breakfast and I snack throughout the day, eat lunch and whip up something healthy for dinner.

I'm down 7 lbs, and I'm pretty sure it's all water weight but I'm ok with that because I can feel a difference in my energy.

Today I am planning to start C25K, I was just wondering how many people have completed or even attempted this and succeeded and how much weight you ended up losing?

Thanks!

Replies

• sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Finished the program. Now I run for fun and enjoyment. I lost about 10 lbs doing it but the real reward for me is my new found love of running. Running is a nice way to burn calories very quickly (compared to other cardio) and can be done anywhere as long as your bring your running shoes.
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got about half way through, so take what I say lightly, but for me it was less about weight loss than it was really EMPOWERING. It was amazing to compare your body to what it was last week, and see how much you improve. If that's the sort of thing that motivates you, I highly recommend it- sometimes it can be discouraging to not see the scale or the tape measurer move in the right direction, but you will always know you're on the right track when you beat your best time, or when you can finish a set without feeling like you're going to die. Even Insanity, 30DS, and things like that don't make me feel like as much of a bamf as running does ;)
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommed C25K! It might seem easy at first, but it gets more challenging. I've had success with it and then continued to C210K. I don't know how many pounds I lost, but I did lose inches.

I agree with banshies that it is empowering--to see how you've improved since the week previous, and you can really see what you are capable of.

My advice is to stick with it. It will get challenging, but it will definitely benefit you!
  • paulasingleton
    paulasingleton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 of C25K and LOVE it! I have not noticed as much on the scale as I have in toning and inches just recently, over the last 2 weeks it seems. BUT - I have only started dieting this this week. I do believe with both MFP and C25K, you will see a nice weight loss. It is a great way to get started with running, especially if you are more sedentary.
This discussion has been closed.