Mmm eating a Quest Bar for the first time!!

Options

Replies

• mobosco
    mobosco Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Favorite is Chocolate Chip Cookie dough but I also love PB&J, Apple Pie and Cinnamon Roll....Yummmmm!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars really need to pay MFP for all this free advertising.

Lol!! Seriously
    Eff that. They need to pay US!
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Where can I purchase them? Y'all are making me want one of every flavor!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Brownie is my favorite. If you microwave it for like 10 seconds or just leave it in your car to warm up (b/c you forgot it was there), it tastes just like a hot brownie out of the oven. PB&J is AWESOME! Tastes exactly like a PB & Strawberry Jelly sandwich. I am not a fan of the others. My wife LOVES Apple Pie.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Best place is Amazon...free 2-day shipping if you are a Prime Member
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Questproteinbar.com
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options

You can get them at almost any GNC or you can order from GNC's site in bulk too!

And Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my favorite too ! I also like the Strawberry Cheesecake. Delish!
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Are you guys selling these bars or something? I keep seeing posts in the forum about how good they taste, can someone explain how they're using them?

Weight loss program or bulking? Meal replacement?

I see protein, carbs, salt and no other nutritional value. Am I wrong? There just seems to be other things I could eat that has more value and doesn't trigger a craving for a snickers bar.

On a 1300 cal diet plan, why would I want to eat 15% of my allowed intake on something that'll make we want 2 or 3 more?

These are honest questions, cause I'm wondering. Again, I keep hearing how great they taste, but what's the deal?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I just had the chocolate peanut butter for breakfast. I have several flavors, but my favorites are the chocolate brownie, chocolate chip cookie, and coconut cashew bars.

A tip: If you're craving cookies, cut one in half (whatever flavor you want), put it on parchment paper in the microwave for 50 seconds to one minute, and you get two cookies. They ooze out into cookie shape and the texture changes to cookie texture. 2 nice cookies for 160-200 calories with 20 or more grams of protein!

I use them as meals on low calorie days and snacks on high calorie days.

Oh, and I buy them by the box at The Vitamin Shoppe. You can get them individually there as well if you want to try them out before committing to a whole box.

I do not like the white chocolate raspberry, but I'm not a fan of white chocolate anyway.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Are you guys selling these bars or something? I keep seeing posts in the forum about how good they taste, can someone explain how they're using them?

I like them, and they're my preferred bar... but I don't think they justify all these threads on them.

Like any other supplement, they can be used to supplement a diet quickly and easily. Forgot to prepare a meal? Protein bars can provide a good balance of protein and carbs quickly... and questbars just so happen to have low fat, low sugar, and high fiber (along with a high cost).

The main reason I eat them is because they're quick and easy, and the macros work well into my plan.
  • ewarlow
    ewarlow Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if they sell these in Canada?!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I see protein, carbs, salt and no other nutritional value. Am I wrong? There just seems to be other things I could eat that has more value and doesn't trigger a craving for a snickers bar.

On a 1300 cal diet plan, why would I want to eat 15% of my allowed intake on something that'll make we want 2 or 3 more?

These are honest questions, cause I'm wondering. Again, I keep hearing how great they taste, but what's the deal?

I do alternate day (modified) fasting (JUDDD) so one day I'll have only 500 calories and then normal calories the next day. On my low calorie days, I find a Quest bar for breakfast keeps me satisfied way longer than eggs or Greek yogurt for the same calories. They're portable and convenient as well, and pack a good protein punch. On low calorie days, I have a hard time getting enough protein without them, unless all I eat all day is Greek yogurt or protein shakes. The shakes don't really keep me satisfied for as long as the bars do.
  • lolapedia88
    Options

Very healthy, high protein and low sugar. Using for weight loss
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah people could think we're trying to sell them but really, we're not lol.

They're not my favorite tasting protein bars (let's be real, the candy bar tasting ones are better, lol), but for the ingredients, they are really good.

My favorite ones are chocolate chip cookie dough, white chocolate raspberry and vanilla almond, they're some of the highest in calories unfortunately, but heck. I love them baked too but I can't figure out how not to lose some of it because it keeps sticking, so I just don't bother anymore.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options

As a man, you should be eating more than 1300 calories so go find yourself a Quest bar and eat it! :smile:

I've only had the white chocolate raspberry one so far but have a bunch of different flavors to try. I basically needed to up my protein and since I don't cook and already live off cottage cheese and greek yogurt for protein at home, I wanted something different.
  • tedens711
    Options
    Got my sample bas today. Cooke dough is yummy. They do live up to MFP's hype!
  • madworld1
    Options
    These sound great. I'd never thought of warming up a protein bar in the microwave until now. I think I'll go see if my GNC has them.
  • bloodycape
    Options
    Bought one today (cookie dough) after reading this post, hope I'm not disappointed lol :)
  • lolapedia88
    Options
    Bought one today (cookie dough) after reading this post, hope I'm not disappointed lol :)

Let us know what you think !
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Apple Pie and Vanilla Almond Crunch are my favorites.