NSV: Saw myself on video and didn't look fat!

Options
I had the strangest experience today: getting to see myself on videotape, projected on a giant screen in front of our class. I was totally thrown off guard by who I saw... I didn't recognize myself! I mean, I've had pictures of myself along this journey plenty of times, but there was something so different about seeing live action; it was like getting to truly see myself how others do. And for the first time in my life, overweight/obesity wasn't what I saw! I have about 10lb to go to my goal weight, but I'm definitely not the fat girl anymore.

It was so eye-opening to realize that I was still expecting to see a fat person up there... and instead, I thought, "I look good!"

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm patiently trying to get there, too :-) Congrats!
  • favhrnstr
    Options
    Thanks, MadDog! The patience is probably the hardest part because it's impossible to see day-to-day changes. It's fun when you see someone you haven't seen in a few weeks/months, though, and I like looking back at progress pictures, too. In the meantime, congrats on the 33 pounds! It's 33 more than a lot of people, and it's already enough to drastically improve your health and well-being! Keep it up!
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You know , Ive only lost 29 lbs, but now that I take a pic I look completely different. My face looks different, I look happy, Im starting to take shape. Before I never truly realized I was big. I mean I bought bigger clothing and just kept buying bigger to adapt to my body size. I didnt feel big. I felt like like I wasnt that big. Its a strange feeling...and now that ive lost and my face even looks differnt. I am starting to see someone new and trying to adapt to seeing the "new" me. I forget until I see a picture. I one day hope also to look at a picture and not just see my weight but truly see myself .

sorry bout the response, it seems all over the place. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!