Exercise Bands

Options
Hi everyone....What's your thoughts on exercise bands. I'm thinking of buying some. Did you get dramatic results with them? Also how long everyday did you use them. I do a lot of traveling and the gym isn't always accessible to me.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you'll get dramatic results from anything you choose to *stick with long enough to get results*. Doesn't really matter if it's free weights or bodyweight exercises or resistance bands or pilates. that said, most people tend to get bored with resistance bands and stop using them fairly quickly.
  • LuvDarkChocolate
    LuvDarkChocolate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    you'll get dramatic results from anything you choose to *stick with long enough to get results*. Doesn't really matter if it's free weights or bodyweight exercises or resistance bands or pilates. that said, most people tend to get bored with resistance bands and stop using them fairly quickly.

Yeah I kinda figured the boredom level would kick in....just not sure what else to invest in while I'm on the road.
  • garciabnm
    Options
    they are great for on the road , or when you cant get to a gym. I use them after my bike rides. great for toning, and fairly cheap.Tons of video on you tube.
  • JamesCooper16
    Options
    Yes. These bands are inexpensive and adapt easily for multiple fitness levels. Many Exercise Band Kits contain a guide that suggests you different exercises that can be done using them. There are many resistance band exercises that can easily be done in the small space.
  • TechOutside
    TechOutside Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a gym in my house, but I travel for a living and not all hotels have weights. I have a set of bands that I keep in my bag and they range from 5 - 90lbs of resistance... which isn't really accurate, but they range from light to heavy with multiple bands.

They are great for what they are, resistance training. If used properly, they can provide a similar experience as doing lots of reps with lighter weights. Get the strap that allows you to attach the bands to a door gap. You can place the strap at the bottom of the door and do squats, shoulders and biceps. The middle of the door and do chest and back, the top of the door and do pull downs, triceps and lower chest.

I like them and they are a great beginner tool to get started.