Again FT4 Vs. FT7... what exactly is the ZONE??

Options
after reading some posts here and after googling, i knew that FT4 is telling u if u r in the zone, and it beeps to alarm u when u are under or above ur zone..
while FT7 tells u if you are in the fitness zone or fat burning zone..
what is the difference please??? whenever i think i got it, i get more confused!
I'll be ordering it online, and i'm in Egypt, & international shipping fees will be very expensive, so is there a huge difference between both? is FT7 worth paying more??

Replies

• MeGaga
    MeGaga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump!
    sorry for bumping my own post but i need an answer please so i can go ahead and order one
  • CometMeebru
    Options
    no

just get the ft4

hrms are not 100% accurate. you dont need to know your exact heart rate

youre just paying extra for features you dont even need
  • MeGaga
    MeGaga Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    no

just get the ft4

hrms are not 100% accurate. you dont need to know your exact heart rate

youre just paying extra for features you dont even need

Thank you,
    but any explanation to what is the zone??
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I can't say specifically for that model but Polar's usually base it on 3 zones, I use the FT60 and it shows how long I'm in each of these:

Key Target Zones
    60-70% of max hr Good for weight loss, building endurance or recovery
    70-80% of max hr Good for improving cardiovascular fitness
    80%+ of max hr Interval workouts for improving athletic performance

and for the whole explanation http://education.polarusa.com/trainingzone/heartratecal.asp
  • rosered93
    rosered93 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "Fat burning zone" refers to the theory that at a certain % of your max heart rate the majority of calories are burned from fat, thus the fat-burning zone. This is a lower heart rate. However, at a higher heart rate even if your percentage of fat calories burned is fewer, you overall are burning more calories per minute so it doesn't make a major difference. (Not that it really makes a difference anyway, and I think this line of thought has lost popularity among trainers in recent years.)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT40. It does NOT beep when you are too low; however, it does beep if your heart is beating faster than your "rate" should be. At the end, it will show how much time was in fitness zone and how much time was in the fat burn zone.

RoseRed93 did a good job explaining the diff between fitness/fat burn zones.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Key Target Zones
    60-70% of max hr Good for weight loss, building endurance or recovery
    ugh, this stupid myth refuses to die. whats good for weight loss and fat loss is eating less calories than you burn. The speed of your heart beating has jack all relationship to this.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    just google "target heart rate zones"

but really, just workout...the whole "fat burn" zone thing is ridiculous...yes, you burn more calories from fat than carbs...but you burn more calories in general with a higher intensity, so it doesn't really matter...and when you're at a deficit of calories, you're always burning fat...so again, it doesn't matter. A lot of sites have actually taken to calling the "fat burn zone" the "recovery" zone...it's basically walking.