How can I eat more today?

Options
Hey everyone,

How can I eat more? I used to eat very little (800-1100 calories daily) but I've noticed that if I eat more I lose more, as long as what I'm eating is good healthy food (not processed chocolatey snacky type stuff). Anyway, today I have an issue - how can I eat more today??

Feel free to check my diary. My goal is 1240, have eaten breakfast, mid-morning snack, and lunch so far, which totalled 560 calories. I need to somehow eat another 680 - how the heck do I do that IN ONE MEAL without eating junk??

Any input or comments is highly appreciated - thanks guys! :)

Replies

• usakids
    Options
    do you live near Panera bread? the chicken strawberry blueberry salad with poppysee dressing is amazing, low calorie, very filling, it's pretty bog. good luck sqimkin !
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Avocados, Walnuts (or really any nut), Cheese???
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    how about incorporating some fat...dietary fat doesn't make you fat and is essential to proper nutrition. also...have a snack...why does it have to come in one meal...not that that would be a big deal, 680 calories is nothing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    lean proteins (chicken, fish, turkey, etc), greek yogurt, cheese, nuts, peanut butter.
  • squimkin
    squimkin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! We do indeed have cheese and avocados. Hmm, maybe I could make a fake avocado sandwich for my mid-afternoon snack, with cheese instead of bread, to up my protein and fats :D Thanks for the ideas guys!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat real food, not cookies, ice cream bars and junk. Eggs, full fat dairy, lean meats, oils, avocado. From a brief look at your diary you mostly live on garbage food. It's not hard to eat 1200 calories of good foods.
  • squimkin
    squimkin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @Mokey41 - yeah I know, these past two weeks have NOT been good D: I tend to either not eat much but healthy, or lots and really unhealthy. I'm really trying to get back on track though, which is why I'm trying to source my fats from vegetable oils and not from junk food. Thank you for you suggestions :)
  • arcticqueen
    arcticqueen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat something healthy for dinner, then eat dessert. My favorite- blend a cup of Silk (or milk), a banana, a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa and ice. It's like ice cream without the guilt. For extra protein and fat (as well as calories) you can add peanut butter.
  • iain_71
    iain_71 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mixed Nuts. Avocado or banana. Some extra carbs wholewheat pasta. Add a bit extra oil (olive or rapeseed) to what you are cooking. Increase your portion size. If your not hungry nuts are probably the easiest thing.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Insert into mouth, chew, swallow, & repeat.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

seriously...its not complicated, OP
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

seriously...its not complicated, OP

Yep this.... I could easily do some calories if you give me my jar of peanut butter and a spoon..... Best of Luck
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I just took the Grandkids to get a couple movies and they wanted a few snacks so I picked up a box (3.5 oz) of Chocolate covered Almonds for myself which says 2.5 servings per container and each serving is 230 calories..... 575 calories for a handful of almonds, So this is why we say it isn't hard to do..... Best of Luck....