Bodymedia not syncing

Options
I went to the technical support area, but the new setup for that doesn't have any way to report a problem (that I could find). So I'm checking here. My bodymedia is only syncing if I unlink and relink the accounts each time I sync. That's annoying, but I'm not sure if others are having troubles or if I'm a special snowflake. And if others are having troubles, has anyone found a way to report an issue and/or get a response?

Replies

• michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm having this problem as well, as of yesterday. I really don't know why they removed the tech support section. Not super-helpful.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have that issue periodically and was having it again last night, but it seems to be working now. Last night it seemed that the BMF site had all my MFP information, but MFP was not updating my calories burned. This morning it did. I'm not sure what's going on.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Mine was ok yesterday, not this morning, was ok around noon, back to not OK. Every time I've had an issue in the past there was a global thing going on (meaning everyone was having a problem). And there is a technical support place, and it says you can ask questions and get community support and all that jazz, there just isn't an actual place/way TO ask a question/post an issue (at least not in my browser or not that I can find).
  • jeffrowley72
    jeffrowley72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine has not been syncing since yesterday morning. Looks like it's a global issue. Someone in another thread claimed that they had confirmed that MFP was aware of the issue and working on it. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

In the meantime, I created a "My Exercise" for Bodymedia Adjustment. I have it setup for 2 calories/minute, so I just look at the projected overage from Bodymedia, divide it by 2, and add that many minutes of My Exercise - Bodymedia Adjustment.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yup, having the same problem. Didn't sync last night, but synced this morning.
  • Matt_Foley
    Options
    Same issue here. I bought the Bodymedia Fit yesterday and was disheartened to find it wouldn't sync properly with MFP. Like some of you, if I unlink then link it works, but otherwise no. I'm grateful that this seems to be a global issue and hopefully they fix it soon as the food logging on the Bodymedia app is very basic.
  • donnelly5673
    donnelly5673 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here for two days. Driving me mad. Work around is....

Update BMF then go to MFP unlink your BMF and relink it. Happens every now and again they usually get it working a day or so.
  • tambam69
    tambam69 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I just left mine alone and it finally did sync so maybe it is just taking a while to sync
  • kmg1bson
    Options
    I spoke to bodymedia folks yesterday and they said that "their" tech folks were talking to MFP's tech folks to try and fix it. It is in fact a global issue that they are working on.....at least that is what they told me.
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is ridiculous! How can they be having so many problems day after day after day! Its the freaking updates all the time. Leave crap alone and let it work. Quit trying to fix what isn't broken!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Well, that explains a lot.
  • syk731
    syk731 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been having this issue off an on for a few days. Sometimes it seems to sync and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes just closing and reopening both apps makes it work. This morning I unlinked the 2 apps and relinked them and that seems to have worked for now.
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing this morning, too. WTF?
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Of course you can report a problem. Click on Help then click on Email Us. That's how I reported the problem just now.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options
    Of course you can report a problem. Click on Help then click on Email Us. That's how I reported the problem just now.

I'd love to. I don't have an "email us" option-just a search box and some links to FaQ-type documents. Thank you though. Hopefully they will fix this- that's really my only goal.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yep mines not syncing either. The first time I unlink the accounts it worked but now it wont. MFP wont update the calories burned either. Now, nothing is working. So annoying.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options
    Just so people don't think I'm insane-or if anyone can help I'm all ears-but when I click "help", this is what I see. I've clicked every one of the links and every link within those links looking for how to report a problem.

null_zpsa99ad027.png
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I unlinked accounts and relinked them, that seemed to work.
  • missanguissette
    Options
    Mine synced this morning...now it isn't syncing, even if I unlink the accounts then relink them. Very frustrating.