The Summer of Awesome Adventures: an Otter’s Tale

Options
Otterluv
Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
Seventeen years ago, a child was born. Though Otter, the child’s mother, loved him dearly, having him caused Otter’s thyroid and pituitary to create a ruckus. Thyroid got very tired and decided to take a rest. Pituitary was supposed to wake Thyroid up, but was tired too and instead let it sleep. Otter got fat, very very fat very very quickly. Doctors 1, 2, and 3 checked to see if Pituitary was trying to wake Thyroid up, and when they saw that it wasn’t, they thought that Thyroid was working A-OK. They told Otter to eat less and exercise more. Otter tried. She lost a little bit of weight, but it took a very long time. Otter thought that she just wasn’t trying hard enough. So, she ate less and less and exercised more and more. After a long time, Otter was very sad and decided to eat as many donuts as she wanted, stop exercising, and just stay fat. This was not the right choice, and she got even fatter. At least the donuts were very yummy.

LB4hKSI.jpg

Two years ago, Otter talked to a new doctor. This doctor told her that she should go see a special doctor, we’ll call her the EndoWizard. The EndoWizard was very smart, she didn’t only check to see if Pituitary was trying to wake up Thyroid, but she checked to see if Thyroid was awake at all. Otter was very relieved to see that she wasn’t only fat and lazy. She was fat and lazy, but being not only fat and lazy meant that maybe she could get less fat. A year later, she was still fat. But, silly Otter thought that she could just eat like she always had.. One day, she was walking down the stairs and became distracted by her garden (as often happened). Otter fell and hurt her knee. A new doctor, Mean Doctor, told her that her knee wasn’t broken, but that she had arthritis so she should lose weight so that it didn’t hurt as much. Otter was very upset. She thought that Mean Doctor made it sound so easy, but it wasn’t easy and it never worked.

That night, Otter thought about what Mean Doctor had said and realized that she had not really tried to get less fat since she saw EndoWizard and woke up Thyroid. So, she looked and looked for a way to count her calories, and found MyFitnessPal. Later that week she found that she was less fat! So, she counted her calories for another week, then another. After a month, she decided to try to exercise more. It was hard. But, she kept going and it got easier. Then Otter decided she wanted to be stronger, too. So, she started to lift weights.

At first they were little weights:

wWTuYP3.jpg

But when those got too easy, she started using big weights:

Aqxoqto.gif

Otter loves adventures, but being fat and slow made it hard. So, when walking got too easy, she started running. It was very very hard. But, she got strong enough and healthy enough that she could go on adventures! At first she climbed hills, but then she started climbing mountains:

NgcXNXV.jpg?2

Sometimes she took a backpack with her and went on adventures for days:

NcrKj5L.jpg

On her adventures, she remembered how much she loved to swim. Otter found hidden lakes.

BALFGBw.jpg

When that got too easy, she went down big rivers:

eOuiNDy.jpg

And started jumping off of cliffs:

cVP9svC.gif

When that got too easy, she jumped off of bigger cliffs:

ZymLilG.jpg

She ended her summer of adventure very happy, and with one last adventure; running in Warrior Dash:

Wg9l0Ut.jpg

TLDR: exercise is good, do it. Track your calories. Do increasingly difficult stuff to get fitter.

I also want to shout out to my amazing FL - while I would probably still have been able to get to this point without you, you have made it so much more fun and I loves you guys :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

For the guy who made my brutal/incredible workout ruytine: thank you thank you thank you. It’s working. I’m not naming you so that you aren’t inundated with requests and I can selfishly keep you to myself.

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so amazing! I consider myself blessed to be your friend:heart::flowerforyou:
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how much I love your story...yay! go otter go!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    SUCH a great story, you are a great story-teller. Living life to the fullest, tackling challenges head-on.

Jumping off scary-high cliffs and hurtling down super fast rivers. Excellent.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and so are you.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    You rock. :drinker:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    YOu are a badass, and I'm so happy to be part of your friends list so I get to watch all your continued badassery.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    These pictures are amazing. Love this story
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    I. Love. This. Story.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    You.
    Are.
    Amazing.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    ***Sniff sniff*** you guys are making it VERY dusty in here. :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. Just think, next summer's story is going to be even better.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Best Otter story EVER!

Seriously, so proud of you and your progress! It's truly been a celebratory summer!
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    I love this! Wonderful!
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the awesome stuff you're able to do! The warrior dash and hiking look especially fun.

Oh yeah, and congratulations on the weight loss.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Great story - can't wait for the sequel! Keep up the great work!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I LUV your story and I LUV being your friend. :heart:

You rock, Otterluv. :drinker:
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Wowza. I am impressed, and kind of crushing on you. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wow, great story, I'm so happy you got everything worked out!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1388169_o_zps89609907.gif

I am so proud to have you as a friend.

MommyCatHugsBabyKitten_zps51517fc2.gif
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Reading all of this made me grin from ear to ear. This was amazing. Love the pictures and the adventures, the hiking, the splashing. So much fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!