Sustain, then maintain!

Options
Ok folks, since I am done and in maintenance mode, I want to post on my badge the amount that shows just how far i have come... Back in 2006, I was at my largest size of 315lbs... Presently, I have set a goal to stay under 230lbs... I am presently at 225lbs at my last weigh-in... I have decided that when I open MFP, I want to see the total picture of where I have come from... hoping that it will be even more motivation for me... Yes for me, Weight loss is for you and me... It makes us live longer and live stronger... It increases our energy, effort and enthusiasm... It is a result of a sustained effort and a maintained effort! There is no healthy quick fix, it takes time and yes it is a grind, but you can leave your old self behind... Friends, I don't know how much longer I will live, but I do know how much stronger I will live. Keep the faith...lose the weight...It's never too late :):) ; )

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    i really enjoy the report section--the progress one. i make graphics snapshots of em and kept em as a slide show screensaver for motivation.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    You are my new hero! :love: It's people like you that keep me going on this very long journey. Thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    You did great! Good luck with the maintenance phase. Great job!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done - You have accomplished a lot and I wish for you all blessings as you successfully maintain your goals. Very good.

Vickie
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Love love love this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hp25
    hp25 Posts: 27
    Options
    This is absolutely incredible! I''m so proud of you!! :smile:
  • goldspaula
    Options
    I am so happy for the success that you have had and continue to enjoy. You are an inspiration to all of us and we are so grateful. For the first time ever I can visualize being where you are now, happy with my weight and working to maintain it. Thanks for all you do.
  • earlie
    earlie Posts: 22
    Options
    Awesome D you are the man. You have done so great. You keep me motivated. Thank you for that. Let keep it going.....and congrats on meeting your goal....... Love you brother....:flowerforyou:

Earlie:happy:
  • DJackson230
    Options
    Thanks it has been a pleasure to find friends and to have success together... I am so determined... I know dieting is always on our minds, but I think it has to be... everything that we put into our mouth can affect us positively or negatively... I have learned what to stay away from and what to have in moderation and what I can have all of the time...
    Its a game of balance... know when to hold, know when to fold...:happy: