Feeling disgusted by myself

Options
2»

Replies

• sb684
    sb684 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same. It's so frustrated to get so far and feel great and then in a few short days you get back to where you started. What I can't understand is why I do it? I feel a bit low, had a stressful day, an argument or two maybe, time of the month, I don't know and I eat something I shouldn't and before you know it, I'm back at square 1. I don't have the answers, but I guess I'm searching for them too! Why don't we keep it up, when we know we feel better when we eat well and exercise! I'm I just weak willed! I don't think I can bear the attitude at Weight Watchers and Slimmers World again - all that happy clapping gets me down. Any ideas??
  • heathereames
    heathereames Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there....just wanting to point out I am also an emotional eater at times! I didn't fall of the wagon this week I jumped lol....but I felt I needed it at the time. Look, what I would say is don't be disgusted with yourself, or disappointed. Its not healthy for you. Start by telling yourself....I am worth it and I am working for me, then everytime those little voices come back and say....you're disgusting or whatever tell them where to stick it. Ive found its a lot easier to lose the weight if Im slightly, if not completely comfortable with myself. Yeah sure im not where I want to be but Ill get there one day.

So yeah, please please don't hate yourself....and remember everyone falls off the wagon sometimes.....its not about that....its about picking yourself up, dusting yourself down and get back on again....the wagon will wait. Oh yeah and as a boost.,...YOU'RE ALL AWESOME. ;D:flowerforyou:
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't feel disgusted with yourself. Be proud that you are taking the first steps to a new and improved you. :)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have realised that losing weight and getting fitter is only part of the issue, self-acceptance is another. I am not overweight anymore, yet I don't like myself. I am losing some more weight to get a bit further away from the overweight risk, but I am actually not doing too bad. I do try to stand naked in front of the mirror and tell myself that I am beautiful (it's corny I know), but I am starting to see bits of myself that I don't mind. I hope over time I'll come to realise that I only have one body and it should be healthy and treated well and I should treasure it :-)

I am actually just a bit teary reading this, am going to print and put it up......nothing new said, I know, but it's obviously just put in such a way that means more. For me at least!
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    wow i feel the same way as you do sometimes i go in to a store and see all these nice cloths and think why did i get so big i cant fit in them what so ever but my family members can and i hear about it from time to time
This discussion has been closed.