Can't lose the last 20 lbs!!

Options
So, since April 2013 I have lost over 50 pounds mostly through clean eating (completely eliminating soda and salt). I do eat quite a lot of sweets everyday but this never stopped me from losing weight. But for the past 3 weeks my weight loss has slowed down. I have been off cardio for the last few months but I did some light weight training and it was enough for me to lose weight. But now I find it really hard to lose even 1 pound a week.. I walk my dog everyday for 35-40 mins and I try to do some strength training but it just doesnt help.
I eat about 1500-1600 kcal and I burn about 200 so I should be able to lose the weight..?? I don't think its water weight.
HELP!!!
Look at my diary to see if Im doing something wrong

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I would recommend adding some additional burn, increasing by 100 calories per week, and not eating that back.

So this week, burn 300 calories per day.
    Next week, burn 400 calories per day.
    Week after, 500 calories per day.

Combination of strength and aerobics should help with it. 500 calories can easily be done in an hour. At that point you should be shedding weight.

Maybe also reduce the sweets per day.
  • crystalgraz
    crystalgraz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This happens to me every 15 pounds or so, I think its my body readjusting, I just keep going and eventually It comes off! Usually 3 or 4 weeks with no loss, then a big loss. Increase your cardio just a little, it may help!
  • fitbulky
    Options
    So, since April 2013 I have lost over 50 pounds mostly through clean eating (completely eliminating soda and salt). I do eat quite a lot of sweets everyday but this never stopped me from losing weight. But for the past 3 weeks my weight loss has slowed down. I have been off cardio for the last few months but I did some light weight training and it was enough for me to lose weight. But now I find it really hard to lose even 1 pound a week.. I walk my dog everyday for 35-40 mins and I try to do some strength training but it just doesnt help.
    I eat about 1500-1600 kcal and I burn about 200 so I should be able to lose the weight..?? I don't think its water weight.
    HELP!!!
    Look at my diary to see if Im doing something wrong

recalculate ur mantainence level
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    How do you completely eliminate salt?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You might be eating too much. I have about the same amount of weight to lose and I've been losing on 1650 but my TDEE if I only do weight training is maybe 1800... so I walk a lot to take it to 2000 or more. I'm 5'5" and 35, 154 lbs currently. If I stopped all cardio I would be losing maybe 2 lbs a month. Also light weight training probably doesn't burn 200 calories, unless you're moving a lot when you do it (I do bodypump and it's about 300 calories for one hour, but there's a lot of squats etc).

Also make sure to weigh all your food properly so you're not overeating.