Close to success

Options
Well every time I ever lost weight before...I would get to a certain point when I would touch base and run back to "home". regaining/+ all I had lost. For the first time between my 12 step program and this tool of MFP I am close to succeeding. I am scared. I realized this recently after not tracking my food well over the last few weeks. So I need to put it out there.
I haven't gained weight but it is that place where I am feeling like I should be turning toward my old "home". I am not doing what works.I don't want to repeat that pattern again. I have never been a "normal" weight in my adult life. I know it doesn''t make the world a better place if I am or not. I know it's makes my physical well being better.
I am afraid. You would think I would be estatic having lost a total of 120# I would have a different outlook. I only know what I did in the past and I don't want to go there again. I don't want history to repeat itself. So here are my words/fears out in the web for the world to see.. I am hoping that being honest about my fears will deminish them. and allow me to move into the next phase of my life.

Paula

Replies

• SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel....and you are right to feel it. Its such hard work to get to the point you are at, try not to worry, continue retraining yourself and you will always be in control of it.
    Dont worry, try and enjoy.
    No one can take this away from you. x x x
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    try and find joy in all your hard work, and success. tell yourself positive confirmations that you worked hard and you deserve to be healthy, and to be at a healthy weight. Always remember this is a lifestyle, and as long as you continue to adapt to that lifestyle you'll be just fine. congrats, and best wishes on your continued journey of weightloss and success
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hi

You sound as if you were afraid of the "new you", of the you that looks better, is slimmer, healthier...
    What are you scared of?

Life is fun, and it's much more fun with a body which can do it all, which is not a hinderness to so many daily activities.

Maybe you need to figure out first why you always get back to your old me.... loose that fear and enjoy the new me!!!

MM