My first 5K in 2 weeks!!

Options
September 28 is my first 5K!! Another October 6 then a turkey trot. Can't wait!!:happy:

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • Trisha_Nijs
    Trisha_Nijs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well done Ken, it's good to set goals, I'm sure you'll do well.
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm doing my first 10K on 6 October as well. Been training for 4 months, but happy with the results. What kind of time are you aiming for?
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I did my first 5k on August 17th and have done 5 more since then:) I really love it. I hope you do to!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I'm doing my first 10K on 6 October as well. Been training for 4 months, but happy with the results. What kind of time are you aiming for?

I'm hoping for an 11 minute mile overall so 33 minutes or just under
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congrats, make sure you come back and update us.

My first 5k is October 22, my only goal is to run the entire thing.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Your first 5K is a real milestone (no pun intended) and crossing that finish line is something you never forget.

Good luck!
  • larissabates81
    larissabates81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k two weeks ago and my second was only two days later. I signed up for another 5k in a couple weeks and a 10k about one month from now. It is an amazing feeling crossing that finish line. Way to go!!! :happy:
  • nikerun2998
    Options
    That's really exciting. I'm running in a "corporate cup" on Sunday - just 2 miles. I'm looking for a couple 5ks to do this fall. Don't get nervous - the only person you're running against is yourself. Don't let others' pace get you going too quickly in the beginning; just do your pace, your own focus, and have a great time. Make sure you pin your race bib to your shirt the night before, have your entire outfit and any other great laid out the night before and in the morning, give yourself plenty of time to use the restroom, park, and get to the starting area. It will be fun and easy. I like to hang onto my race bibs forever as a keepsake, since each race is a good memory of something I accomplished. Keep up the good work, and tell us about it after you've finished!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    That's really exciting. I'm running in a "corporate cup" on Sunday - just 2 miles. I'm looking for a couple 5ks to do this fall. Don't get nervous - the only person you're running against is yourself. Don't let others' pace get you going too quickly in the beginning; just do your pace, your own focus, and have a great time. Make sure you pin your race bib to your shirt the night before, have your entire outfit and any other great laid out the night before and in the morning, give yourself plenty of time to use the restroom, park, and get to the starting area. It will be fun and easy. I like to hang onto my race bibs forever as a keepsake, since each race is a good memory of something I accomplished. Keep up the good work, and tell us about it after you've finished!

I didn't think of saving my race bib...thanks for that little bit of advice!!
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    How fun! Enjoy it-- you will (and rightly should) feel so accomplished at the finish line!
  • TessaMaddox
    TessaMaddox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My first 5K is the 28th as well! Good luck, and we can do this :happy:
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :) I'm doing mine in about 4 weeks :D
  • TRD66
    TRD66 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I'm hoping for an 11 minute mile overall so 33 minutes or just under

Good shout. I'm aiming for about a 9 minunte min so just under the hour in total - and I think I'll get it.

Best of luck to you. Some sound advice from nikerun2998 which mirrors advice I got from mates who've done this kind of thing before.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm suppose to run one OCT 5th for a friend....here's hoping my legs move quicker than I think.