Keto diet

Options
I need friends for support............Anyone else trying the keto diet?

Replies

• KEPhipps
    Options
    by keto diet do you mean eating only protein? I did it for about a week. I got the runs that wouldnt stop until I ate normal health balance foods. my personal advise dont do it.
  • susan420
    Options
    Protein and high fat.

The idea is your body burns dietary fat and body fat as fuel.

I feel great....... no hunger......a bit cloudy in my head but after two weeks the body will be fully adapted to burning ketones for energy
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I did low carb, lower fat, high protein and that is how I have lost most of my weight (in ketosis most of the time). Now that I started to exercise I have added more carbs into my diet, exercise is easier but the losing weight part is much harder. Good luck! Feel free to friend me....
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    In before the lock
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Give it a try, some have great success with it. Check out the groups, there is a keto group and a low carb group where you will find lots of tips, ideas and support, come on over!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Give it a try, some have great success with it. Check out the groups, there is a keto group and a low carb group where you will find lots of tips, ideas and support, come on over!

This!!!

The main forums tend to be very negative so most of us keep to the keto and low carb groups.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My best results have come from following a strict keto diet lost 3 stone in one month when I first started with no exercise at all. Love it personally and back on a keto diet and I don't feel hungry and this is with a 16 hour fast thrown in as well now.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    by keto diet do you mean eating only protein? I did it for about a week. I got the runs that wouldnt stop until I ate normal health balance foods. my personal advise dont do it.
    This is not a keto diet. Low carb (around 20 net) moderate protein, and high fat. My percentages are 10-20-70. I've never felt better. Welcome Susan. As other LCHF posters have stated, use the keto and low carb forums. The narrow mindedness in main forums is annoying.
  • emmysusanne
    emmysusanne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Friended you :) Quite new here too and loving my new Keto lifestyle.
  • RebelDaughter1
    Options
    I am also starting it Gooduck!!
  • 4athomej
    Options
    New to Keto too...would love a few friends :happy:
  • archae23
    Options
    I'm trying to start Keto again, using MFP this time. Any suggestions on easy to whip up foods to help me plug in to my calculator? I have never made it into Ketosis before, mostly because of will power, but i believe that with support and help this time, i might be able to do it. Any help you guys can give would be wonderful.
  • gutierrezg1990
    gutierrezg1990 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yea I just switched my goals to 20% carbs 40-40 with protein and fat
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been keto-ing for two months now. My ticker reflects the results of it. There's a keto group on here.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm six months post weight loss surgery and I'm doing LCHF on and off... I'll do it for a few months and then do a month of sensible eating, etc.. Right now I'm basically following Atkins induction. It's a fantastic option for me since I don't have tons of room in my new smaller stomach for unnecessary carbs anyway! I'm on day 5 and I woke up this morning in full ketosis.

I'm basically just trying to keep my protein grams between 70-90 and my net carbs (carbs-fiber) under 20 and allowing myself fats from any source except hydrogenated oils. The few carbs I am getting, I'm trying to get them from vegetables instead of dairy or grains. I also take L-Carnitine with a fish oil supplement several times a day.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to start Keto again, using MFP this time. Any suggestions on easy to whip up foods to help me plug in to my calculator? I have never made it into Ketosis before, mostly because of will power, but i believe that with support and help this time, i might be able to do it. Any help you guys can give would be wonderful.

There's a keto support group here on MFP -- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1160-keto

Support for LCHF/keto on the Low Carber Daily -- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/411-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group-

And the Atkins support group would have ideas too! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5181-atkins-support-group

Another great keto support group on reddit -- http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/new

Some meal plans --

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nFFXn_Uve5uh0qtqdAa0HvpEqqwKn6K00Z773pgLmEw/edit?pli=1

http://cavemanketo.com/keto-meal-plan/

My diary is open if you'd like to browse.

HTH!
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on low carb and can help motivate you. I do carb cycling and have been consistently losing 1 pound a week.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I did low carb, lower fat, high protein and that is how I have lost most of my weight (in ketosis most of the time). Now that I started to exercise I have added more carbs into my diet, exercise is easier but the losing weight part is much harder. Good luck! Feel free to friend me....

Have you tried carb cycling? I go low on my net carbs and then I go high and I have been consistently losing. The weight seems to still stay off even when I have my high carb days. Which include wine and not the best food :). It is more realistic for me.