Anyone else suffer from plantar fasciitis???

The podiatrist has me on restrictions and boy does this suck, not to mention PAINFUL!! How are you caring for your injury? What exercises are you doing?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Don't you want to hear from people who *used to have* PF? ;-)

The Strassburg sock helped me overcome it.

Do you have flat arches?
  • I had plantar fasciitis and I am over it now.
    I have found some great information in this elrofeet.com website. They have the answers you are looking for about exercises and more.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    I suffered so bad a few years ago that I thought that I was going to have to get out of the Marine Corps. What helped me get over it:

- I put Super Feet Insoles in all of my shoes that they would fit in (minus my running shoes but that was just preference)
    - I massaged the SHAT out of it. Prop your foot on your knee, pull you toes back and go at the sucker (plantar facia). It hurt, a lot.... but it hurt sooooo good.
    - Google some stretches and strengthening exercises for the twitch muscles in your feet.
    - I changed my running form. I run a lot and switching from a heel to mid foot strike seemed to help.

But seriously, stretch, strengthen and massage... it was gone in under a month. Whenever I feel my tendons getting tight again I start stretching.

OH, I also go those little booties that pull your toes upward while you sleep. Those were awesome - made my toes fall asleep - but awesome.
  • hwm42
    hwm42 Posts: 1 Member
    i do low impact workouts and i had to get inserts for my shoes so it makes a difference:laugh: