Fast food options!

Options
We are without a kitchen for a week (in between houses with a new build) and I need some meals to be fast food! I love the McDonalds grilled chicken salads, any other options UNDER 400 calories that I could do? We have a big family so I need to fee a bunch of kids and very in shape active hubby.

Thanks for your ideas!!! I know fast food isn't ideal but when I need to use it I would love "skinny ideas" on the go!

(I lost 30 pounds on MFP quit and then came back when I realized I needed the accountability. Had regained 10, now 5 left to loose.)

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Subway might be a good option if that's available. Just don't get cheese, and use lots of vegetables and one of their "light" dressings like sweet onion. Pretty delish.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Chipolte - Chicken burrito bowl without rice. Get beans, veggies, mild salsa & lettuce. Don't add cheese, sour cream or corn salsa.

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutrition_calculator/nutrition_calculator.aspx (Perfect so you know what you're eating!)
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wendy's chili is pretty low calorie. They also have apples.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Also, Jimmy John's 8" Turkey Tom (as prepared, no changes) is only 485 calories!

https://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/#/subs/turkey-tom/
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I second Subway! My sub is more like a salad on bread. I know around here all footlongs are $5 this month, so you can save one for your next meal, too!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Taco bell chicken soft tacos fresco style
    chic-fil-a
    carls jr turkey burgers are a little over 400 cals
    wendys salads or chili lrg is 330 cals I think
  • DeirdreGoals
    Options
    Great! Any taco bell or Arbey's? Thinking KFC is a black pit of health:)
  • DeirdreGoals
    Options
    Taco bell chicken soft tacos fresco style
    chic-fil-a
    carls jr turkey burgers are a little over 400 cals
    wendys salads or chili lrg is 330 cals I think

Thanks! Fresco style, havn't tried that!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've learned you can really make just about any fast food work if you just plan ahead for it. I would also consider Panera, Noodles & Co, just about any sub place, culver's if you have them (they have mashed potatoes for only 140, better than fries).

Happy moving... how exciting for you!! :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    anything but Subway. that has to be the worst fast food restaurant in the nation. you can get a sandwich from any other sub shop that will have the same calories and taste a thousand times better.
  • glamasjr
    glamasjr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OOH...Jimmy Johns lettuce wraps! Get whatever sandwich you like, ask it to be wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. You can also get double meat. High in protein and low in carbs and fats!
  • soniabogonia
    soniabogonia Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Rotisserie chicken and some bags of mixed salad from a super market.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The McWraps are under 400 calories too. I really like the sweet chili one.

Another mention for fresco tacos are Taco Bell. I usually have 3. I haven't found anything at Burger King, seems all they have are high calorie dressings for the salads, and I haven't tried the Wendy's chili. Their new smokey honey mustard flatbread is only 350 calories too.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Here is a spreadsheet that I have been working on for "better" fast food options.

Right-Click and select "View" to see the full spreadsheet.

spreadsheet_zps4e82d96d.jpg
  • EmilyAnn09
    Options
    If you go to Subway's website under nutrition, you can calculate your sandwich! I had turkey with cheese AND light mayo and it was still only 400 calories. Most websites have their nutrition available so if you are wanting a specific place you can do some research before hand. Good luck!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Here is a spreadsheet that I have been working on for "better" fast food options.

Thank you for sharing this!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Subway might be a good option if that's available. Just don't get cheese, and use lots of vegetables and one of their "light" dressings like sweet onion. Pretty delish.
    I also recommend Subway. You can pick sandwich, wrap or salad so you won't get borred easily (but you'll get bored eventually).
    You can also try restaurants a couple of times (it would be more expensive than fast food, thought); most restaurants have basic salads, veggie dishes and grilled meat so there are low cal solutions.

Also, I don't know about where you live, but in my country super/hyper-markets have cooked foods sections where you can buy all kinds of stuff. They are somewhat inexpensive and if you choose properly, you can identify low cal solutions.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Thank you for sharing this!!! :flowerforyou:

No problem. It is currently a work in progress and I intend to add all of the standard fast food options in my area.
  • DeirdreGoals
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I wish Subay had a drive through, sounds lazy, but carting a baby in and out and oodles of kids it can be a chore. I still think McDonalds salads are my favorite but glad to get more ideas! My kids like the taco deals at taco bell so I will try those fresh options. Keep 'em coming if you have tried anything else! Cheers~:love:
  • DeirdreGoals
    Options
    I've learned you can really make just about any fast food work if you just plan ahead for it. I would also consider Panera, Noodles & Co, just about any sub place, culver's if you have them (they have mashed potatoes for only 140, better than fries).

Happy moving... how exciting for you!! :)

Thank you :smile: Man, will appreciate the simple fact of having a kitchen like never before!!