confusion over excessive sweating

Options
Hope this isn't to confusing but I've read many answers on this from a host of sites, with a host of different answers. the basic answer I get is, ok you sweat, great.

I sweat so much after 2hrs on treadmill. Like many posts, you'd thought i took a shower. I do this 5 days/wk.

I decided to measure it before and after workout I avg. a 6lb weight loss My fluid intake is not alot. My intensity level averages 80% with intervals at 90%.

My queston is after a long winded post, is that it means much of nothing?

Thanks
Fred

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It could be hyperhidrosis, which is a medical condition that causes excessive sweating. I have it, and it causes my underarms to sweat constantly no matter what I'm doing, and I am absolutely drenched from head to toe when I even lightly exercise. There are treatments for it if you have a particularly bad problem area that sweats during everyday activity, but if you only sweat excessively when you work out, I wouldn't worry about it. Be sure to hydrate.
  • floareaciprian
    floareaciprian Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hope this isn't to confusing but I've read many answers on this from a host of sites, with a host of different answers. the basic answer I get is, ok you sweat, great.

I sweat so much after 2hrs on treadmill. Like many posts, you'd thought i took a shower. I do this 5 days/wk.

I decided to measure it before and after workout I avg. a 6lb weight loss My fluid intake is not alot. My intensity level averages 80% with intervals at 90%.

Thanks
    Fred

2 hours on a treadmill? what's the matter with you? you want to break world records? :)) way too much...i do 20 minutes a day HIIT. It will suffice.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    We sweat to regulate our body temperature, i figure your body is trying to sweat you off of that treadmill. Seriously on 2hrs, no wonder your body is overheating.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Thanks
    Fred

Fred, if you are in anyway concerned about something that can be construed as a medical issue, then, my advice is go to seek help from a doctor. You will get so many varying replies from people on forums that can not give you constructive advice.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    why are you spending 2 hours on a treadmill?
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. It's only on treadmill workouts. Guess I'm weird being I like seeing the sweat drip of arms and running down my legs.

Do 2hrs just to burn calories, seems easier than when I did 2 hrs on stationary bike. No world record here, I can only walk, bad left knee :(

Wasn't much concerned about the sweating actually. I was just wondering if others ever measured weight loss from sweating is all.

Thanks again
    Fred
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    Thanks, but it's only on treadmill workouts. Guess I'm wierd being I like seeing the sweat drip of arms and running down my legs. j/k.

If you like it what's the problem? Two hours on a treadmill would make most people sweat. I think I would die from boredom.
  • phred_52
    Options
    Nah, no boredom. Barbara Steisand and Barry Manilow motivate me :wink:
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Your body sweats to try and cool you down. I have hyperhidrosis do even regular exercise makes it look like I just took a swim. Bu in your case I'd say it's just a matter of overdoing it.
    Why 2 hours? It's unnecessary and will tire out your joints with the quickness!
    At least bring it down by an hour. Add in a small incline, it will prevent you from going that long.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    2 hours on a treadmill?!?!

Yeah, that'd be some serious hyperhidrosis!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Wasn't much concerned about the sweating actually. I was just wondering if others ever measured weight loss from sweating is all.

Thanks again
    Fred

I do occasionally. I lose anywhere from 2 - 8 pounds depending on the temperature, humidity, and length/intensity of exercise. It's perfectly normal. I wouldn't sweat it.

Seriously though. Do this outside. That long on a treadmill will kill your mind with boredom unless you have the Dallas Cowgirls working out in front you. Even then, that's pushing it.
  • phred_52
    Options
    Yes, I only do inclines. Start at 10, speed 3.8, change both in 5 min intervals. Go as low as 5, so I can walk at 4.5, as high as 12, speed 3.6. Never bored, plenty of fast upbeat classic rock to keep me motivated.