scared..

Options
So I'm back.. again!! This time I hope I can stay motivated. I come from a long line of heart disease and diabetics. So far I am the only one out of my 7 other siblings who hasn't be diagnosed with a health problem. I'm hoping to keep it that way. . At least lower my chances. I'm only 26!! I still have a lot of life to live. I'm ready to get healthy. And I'm ready to feel good in my own skin. Feel free to add me. Motivation always helps!!

Replies

• I have heart palpitations so I sort of feel your pain. Small steps! Remember slow and steady wins the race!
  • jjbnfo
    Options
    I have heart palpitations so I sort of feel your pain. Small steps! Remember slow and steady wins the race!

+1 to that. (Slow and steady)

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/winning-the-race

(I'm not posting that to sell it, just to illustrate the slow-and-steady part)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Those are very good reasons to make a commitment to be healthy! One of my suggestions to people is to make it personal. I am fighting to keep from dying at 60 or 61 like both of my parents. My dad from acute renal failure from diabetes. My mom from congestive heart failure. I was told that I had pre-diabetes. I did not want to be on insulin. So, I started losing weight. Good luck on your journey.
  • angeleyes6480
    Options
    I also come from a family with a long history of diabetes. I unfortunately was born with a birth defect to my pancreas which has cause a lot of damage to my pancreas. They told me I will be a diabetic at some point due to my pancreas failing...i also have back problems which caused my weight gain then came the knee and ankle problems so I definitely feel ya. Its hard at times. I would focus right now on diet. Eat a little something every couple of hours cause that keeps your metabolism going and then after you have healed and with the doctor's ok go back to the exercise. I wish you the best :)