All hail people from the U.K

Options
emmawoolf84
emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
Looking for people from the UK - particularly London however Im willing to travel, quite far!
Im visiting in both Oct & Nov & was wondering if you can think of any amazing places/gems I should go to or see, that aren't necessarily touristy? Im pretty excited by anything...could be a something small & local or larger.

EDIT: Already received a few great messages! Thanks so much :)

Replies

• 1capybara
    1capybara Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Brighton, Cornwall, Bristol, Bath....
    :sigh: i could go on and on....your gonna love it!!!
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    If you're staying in London the London Eye is fab, the London dungeons is great fun and I liked Madam Tussauds. We had a great night out at the adventure bar (cocktails) in Covent Garden - which has loads of lovely little restaurants too.

Brighton is awesome and an easy train journey from London - the Lanes is great for shopping, loads of little random and vintage shops.
  • TikiTony13
    Options
    lots of things to see and do in london. You'll have a blast!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    One day get your appetite worked up and go sampling at the Borough Market by London bridge, the smell alone is fantastic. I ate close to 6000 calories in like 3 hours. Most importantly, is to try Kappacasein's grilled cheese sandwich when you visit the Borough Market.

The London eye make sure you go in a clear day and with a good camera and a friend.

Their museums are amazing if you are a history buff.

Also, check out Wilton's Music Hall it's a fun live music experience.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I agree, you need to visit Borough Market, it is awesome!
    Also, Pop down to Canterbury for a day, it is about an hour from London on the train. If you come down on a weekend, let me know and I will pop into the city and show you the sites.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter Studios!!!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Borough Market is a must! Best food market, in my opinion, in London!

Hoxton and Shoreditch cool places for food and drink and not so upmarket as the West End.

Camden for it's quirkiness and cute little shops.

Angel and Essex Road for some great places to eat and drink!!!

Def a trip to Brighton - so much fun!

Enjoy!!

Edited to say that I just realised all my recommendations were food and drink related!!
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bring a brolly if your here in oct\nov :)
  • runlilyrun
    Options
    BATH BATH BATH! Especially if you're a fan of Jane Austen, the Romans, or hills!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    bring a brolly if your here in oct\nov :)

Or a snow shovel... Oh, no that doesn't generally apply in the South in winter. Just us Northerners :tongue:

& I 3rd Bath as a great visit :wink:
  • docklanders
    Options
    Come to Bicester Village for a day! Great place to shop! :-)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Sod london soft southern faries, come up to Manchester, thats where its all happening