Sugar allowance over due to fruit

Hey!

So I just looked at a break down of my day and I noticed that my sugar allowance was WAAAAY over because I ate an apple and a banana. How do I stay within my sugar allowance when 2 pieces of fruit have more sugar in (according to this thing) than two sticks off a small fun sized Kit-Kat?! How can I eat fruit if it's full of sugar? What do I do? :(

(Also, I've never (thus far) gone over on my carb or fat allowance.

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Unless you're a diabetic or have some other metabolic disorder, you don't have to worry about sugar.
  • Fiona_Cami89
    Fiona_Cami89 Posts: 42 Member
    Oh...so going slightly over won't affect weight loss? That's what I was worried about, you see. Nope, luckily I'm not diabetic! (*touch wood*). Thanks for the quick reply too :)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    Nope, eating too much of anything will hinder you, but I doubt you're going to put back 15 bananas a day. As long as you're hitting your calorie and macro goals, you'll lose.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Yeh, as others say, busting the sugar target won't cause you any harm.

I regularly have apples, bananas and pack away the occasional cheeky Snickers bar, it's all good as long as you maintain the deficit. I just ignore the sugar.

I do the same with eggs and the fat content ... sorry, nobody is going to tell me the yolks are going to kill me or make me a porker.

There is more the fruit than the sugar content ... fibre, vitamins, etc ... enjoy.
  • Fiona_Cami89
    It's nice to hear some wise words, I'm new to this whole dieting thing and I guess I'm just over analysing. I haven't gone over on anything but sugar so far so fingers crossed it all works out - dedication, exercise and moderation, right? :)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    It's nice to hear some wise words, I'm new to this whole dieting thing and I guess I'm just over analysing. I haven't gone over on anything but sugar so far so fingers crossed it all works out - dedication, exercise and moderation, right? :)

sounds like you have it right. People tend to over-complicate weight loss (though because its easy in concept doesn't make it easy in practice). Eat food, but not too much. Get your heart rate up. Pick up heavy things. Repeat. The rest is just fine tuning.
  • Fiona_Cami89
    If I could 'like' yours and DeadVim's replies I would! Thank you so much!!
  • As the others have said, fruit has so much more than just sugar in it - all that great fiber that fills you up is a great one, and all the vitamins are another. Not only that but the sugar in the fruit is not just sweet sugar, it's usable sugar, so your body actually uses it rather than just storing it. So have fun with the fruit, but only within your limits. <><
  • Fiona_Cami89
    Yay! I love a nice bit of fruit for a snack. I will do, thank you very much.
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Similar occurs to me when creating smoothies plus the sugar in milk. I view it as being different from refined sugars and beneficial. Admittedly, I make less smoothies per week now than previous to logging.