What foods boost your metabolism?

Options
GregoriusPapachristou
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Starting Over Today..Well I gained back the 8 lbs I lost a few months ago. So i'm back to 0 lost ... :( I'm gonna start the 10,000 steps a day, walking etc. And get back to good eating.

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    As far as I'm aware, none.
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    none that have been scientifically proven
  • Touji
    Touji Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Metabolism boosting is a myth.

http://examine.com/faq/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people.html
    You will not lose weight by manipulating your metabolism. Even if you compared someone with an abnormally fast metabolism to someone with an abnormally slow metabolism, the difference between the amount of calories they can eat in one day is about 200 cal (which is not much at all)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Try watching Dr. Oz, I'm sure he has dozens of food recommendations to boost your metabolism. :laugh:
  • Wow 93 lbs... Nice job!! I should of asked whats your secret?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    None.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    None that have been proven.

Just work on eating healthier all together :smile: Fruits, veggies, grilled lean meats, etc.
  • Touji
    Touji Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow 93 lbs... Nice job!! I should of asked whats your secret?
    -Eat big portions of low calorie food instead of small portions in high calorie food.

-Over-count everything by adding calories to your journal instead of food. If a can of tuna is 130 calories, count it as 150 calories.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I think green tea is supposed to boost ur metabolism but am not sure if its scientifically proven?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. That's the one little trick that the drug companies don't want you to know. It would be illegal if everyone knew.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower. That's the one little trick that the drug companies don't want you to know. It would be illegal if everyone knew.

^^It's true. Go buy some before Big Pharm buys it all up so we can't get it.

ETA: But, seriously, no. And save your money and don't buy "metabolism boosting" supplements either. Good old fashioned hard work with calories in < calories out.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The fruit of the oolonger tree. You get the fruit and mix it with the urine of the sea urchin. The resulting paste you then eat with chopsticks on a full moon while standing on one leg reciting the second paragraph on page 194 of a tale of two cities by Charles D1ckens. By doing this it doubles your working metabolism.
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The fruit of the oolonger tree. You get the fruit and mix it with the urine of the sea urchin. The resulting paste you then eat with chopsticks on a full moon while standing on one leg reciting the second paragraph on page 194 of a tale of two cities by Charles D1ckens. By doing this it doubles your working metabolism.

seems legit
  • sushpandey
    sushpandey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i agree with you, there is no shortcut in maintaing healthy weight. balanced healthy diet, everything in moderation and workout, even if you just go for a walk regularly does work. rest all is myth.
  • I like the over counting entrees..
  • I drink green tea every morning. Maybe i'll have it through the day as well. :)
  • Ya I think i've probably tried that under the wrong moon with my luck.. lol
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Here is a decent article from the Mayo Clinic. In a nutshell: "There's no magical way to lose weight. It comes down to physical activity and diet. Take in fewer calories than you burn, and you lose weight."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/metabolism/WT00006/NSECTIONGROUP=2
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    double your metabolism by halving your food intake :P
  • Here is a decent article from the Mayo Clinic. In a nutshell: "There's no magical way to lose weight. It comes down to physical activity and diet. Take in fewer calories than you burn, and you lose weight."

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/metabolism/WT00006/NSECTIONGROUP=2

Nice.. Thats what I thought. Was just hoping.. Just walked 43 minutes so thats a start. Good job on losing so much!
This discussion has been closed.