In Maryland...42 year old Mom...looking for a buddy

Options
Good Morning!

I would like to find someone who is interested in sharing weight loss tips etc....I think it is motivating to have someone to do this with. I started last week and am down 5 pounds as of this morning. I feel motivated to continue on for next week and for a lifetime.

I am a stay-at-home Mom to two boys, almost 7 and 1.

Let me know if you would like to join me in this journey!

Replies

• ktimmeny
    Options
    Hello- I would love to join you on your journey to shed 30 lbs!! I am trying to lose 10. I am thhrilled that you have already lost 5 lbs. WAY TO GO!!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Hi. What part of Maryland are you in? I'm in the Baltimore area (supposedly the big city). I started trying to lose 20, finally am getting it down to those last stupid 5 lb. You'll do great!
  • dmstephens
    Options
    Hi I am a mom … 42 in Nebraska working to get rid of a lot of pounds. I enjoy this site because it is so simple and has all the basic information I used to track by hand. I work outside the house with two kids and would love to share and learn tips on how to make this journey successful.

Losing five pounds the first week is a wonderful start. If you want to add me to your friends list that would be great. Take care and hang in there!
    :smile:
  • mykaar74
    mykaar74 Posts: 253
    Options
    welcome & congrats on the 5lb loss. I'm from Maryland but currently inJapan, but I am still willing to be a supporter, & motivator. as well as you could be one for me. Feel free to friend me for support
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am in Maryland as well :) I live in Odenton; 20 minutes south of Baltimore, and 30 minutes North of DC.
    I would love to be your friend in this journey.
    Send me a request if you would like.
    And that goes to ANY of you :)

Nice to meet you and good luck!
  • tundebo
    tundebo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello,

I would like to join as well. I would like to lose 10lbs. I hope with youguys could possible. I am happy to help to you.:smile
    You already lost 5 lb what is a very good start.

Have a great day!
  • qwants2bslimmer
    qwants2bslimmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello

Well done on your great weight loss :) I have my first weigh in on Thursday and I doubt if I will lose that much but any would be great! I have two daughters aged 5 and 9 and work ful-time. I have never been happy with my weight but this year I have put on over a stone in just a few months, so finding this website has been such a bonus to me. I have really enjoyed logging and hope this feeling continues!!

I will add you as a friend - good luck :)

Linda
    x
  • kelly1301
    Options
    Hi im also a mum to 2 boys Ethan is 7 and Finley is 2. Im from the uk and this is day one i have a long way to go i need to lose 8 stone to get to where i want to be.... This im hopping is the 1st step in the fight to lose weight so i can go on to have one more child get married. Please feel free to add me anyone. And best of look xxxx
  • Healthymom0000
    Healthymom0000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @MCDFitness......I am close to you....I live in Crownsville. Have you already completed your weight loss journey?
  • Healthymom0000
    Healthymom0000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @lulabelle

Hi there!
    Congrats to you!!!!! 3 pounds to go......I am in Crownsville right outside of Annapolis. How did you lose your (almost) 20?

Debbie
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi--welcome! I'm a mom to an almost-6-year-old, and in Vermont.Congrats on starting and losing weight so quickly! I have lost weight with MFP over the last year but have been attempting to maintain for the last 4 months or so....something I find just as hard as losing. You can definitely do it! I went from low-carb type eating to the healthy lifestyle of keeping track of calories and find it very liberating. I loved adding back a "certain amount" of pasta, breads, english muffins, rice, etc...to my diet and feeling ok about it as long as it adds up to my calorie goals. It really works. Feel free to add me too and good luck!!
  • gingajoy
    Options
    Well done on your 5lbs down! I have a similar amount to lose, and just one month in. I'd be really happy to be one of your buddies. Good luck!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 5 lbs.! I also have 2 boys and am a few years older than you (47). I truly thought I would never lose another lb. in my life-that my metabolism had hit that age slowdown and I was doomed. Then I found the app for my phone and loved how easy it was to use. My first 2 weeks were pretty slow but I've now lost 9 lbs. officially. Feel free to friend me-us mom's have to stick together in this!
    125722 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I just join and was looking for someone in Maryland, I live in Temple Hills, I have at lease 100lbs to lose for starters. Iam 5'7, 280lbs. I have a problem eating, I seldom eat breakfast or lunch, and sometimes eat dinner. Do you have any ideas?
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @MCDFitness......I am close to you....I live in Crownsville. Have you already completed your weight loss journey?

I am sorry it took me so long to reply!
    I have lost the weight I wanted to, but have 5lbs that like to come and go, so I am still working on it.
    I am also trying to get toned. I would be happy to maintain my weight if I could lose a few more inches.
    But, my health/fitness journey is ongoing, so support and motivation is ALWAYS welcome!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Hello from Southern Maryland (near Solomons Island)! I have been here since the end of July and have lost 30+ so far, I have 75-100 to go. MFP is great! Lots of helpful supportive people. Great recipe ideas, many different types of lifestyles, tons of opinions and all willing to share. Good luck on your journey!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am a 41 year old from Maryland (Rockville). I am fairly new to this site. I joined and did nothing for a while. Now, I am back to lose75 pounds! This is the year!!!!!

Wishing you all good luck and best wishes on your journeys too! This site is fabulous!