Homemade Agnolotti with a simple Butter Basil sauce.

Options
whierd
whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
Agnolotti is a pasta that is made from leftover meats. I had some leftover chicken leg meat, so I figured I'd make my first attempt at agnolotti.

First put your meat through a meat grinder.

495a2d19-6459-4744-a72f-e9611ae65750_zpsf69f93fc.jpg

You can use it as your filler at this point, or add in other stuff. I added a bit of ricotta cheese to mine.

20130914_180434_zps2f3d948b.jpg

Take your ball of pasta dough that you made and place it on a lightly floured surface with your pasta machine ready to go. I rolled my pasta out on 1 (the thickest setting), 3, 5, then 7. Agnolotti is a thin pasta, so you want it a bit translucent.

20130914_180643_zps005f8e28.jpg

20130914_181817_zps99e1a6f2.jpg

Take your filling and scoop it onto the rolled out pasta dough.

20130914_182037_zpsa7ea4993.jpg

Fold the dough over and pinch it closed. I also pinched between the filling to help close it before I cut them into individual pieces. You may need to hand pinch the ends closed like I did. Having a pasta cutting wheel would eliminate this need.

20130914_182351_zpscfc9703a.jpg

Throw the pasta into a pot of boiling water for approximately 3 minutes. On the right is a pan of melted butter with chopped fresh basil. This is our sauce.

20130914_183303_zpsb3ed677b.jpg

After the three minutes is up, use a slotted spoon to remove the pasta from the boiling water and place it into the butter sauce. Toss the pasta lightly until well coated.

20130914_183743_zps698fc2ce.jpg

Place the pasta on a plate and use a spoon to drizzle some of the sauce over the pasta (less is more) and garnish with fresh basil and freshly grated parmesan!

20130914_184103_zps5cfcf6c5.jpg

Enjoy!!

Replies

• Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Can you just come over and make it please?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Ok...now I might actually attempt to make those! Yum!
  • whierd
    Options

Ok, but you have to do the cleanup!
  • whierd
    Options
    Ok...now I might actually attempt to make those! Yum!

If you are going to do it, make a LOT of it. I imagine they would freeze quite well.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I feel like Someone just got a new pasta maker thingy. (2nd awesome pasta post I have seen from OP today)

All I can say is ::drool::
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Is there a ah...vegetarian alternative? Or should I just say screw it and opt out for some 100% whole wheat sweet potato gnocchi and call it a day?

Gnocchi's always good. :P
  • whierd
    Options
    I feel like Someone just got a new pasta maker thingy. (2nd awesome pasta post I have seen from OP today)

All I can say is ::drool::

I did, hahahaha. I bought it last month and used it for the first time today. :tongue:
  • whierd
    Options
    Is there a ah...vegetarian alternative? Or should I just say screw it and opt out for some 100% whole wheat sweet potato gnocchi and call it a day?

Gnocchi's always good. :P

Yes, stuff them with mushrooms or any cheese you wish. Agnolotti is traditionally just leftover meat, but you can use whatever you wish. Sauteed spinach or mushrooms would be excellent.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This looks really yummy... but i have to admit that I thought at first when you said that "agnolotti" was a "pasta made from leftover meat"... that you had found a way to make a truly carbless pasta that was also super high in protein. It took me a few minutes to realize that the leftover meat was the filler, LOL. I guess I am just *that* tired tonight :P

So for a minute I was imagining smushed meat being forced through a pasta machine :P
  • chubber231
    chubber231 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds really, really good. Great job!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hmm...this may be the perfect use of the leftover sausage in my fridge and the basil in the garden.
  • whierd
    Options
    Hmm...this may be the perfect use of the leftover sausage in my fridge and the basil in the garden.

It is exactly what agnolotti was intended for. :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry now.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Just... stop. Making me hungry.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You may just have made my top five favourite people list. I just ate a little while ago and my tummy is asking for this now.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    SABOTAGE!!!!

Seriously, that looks amazing.
  • whierd
    Options
    You may just have made my top five favourite people list. I just ate a little while ago and my tummy is asking for this now.

:flowerforyou:
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options

Is cleaning nekkid a problem?
  • brandynoliver
    brandynoliver Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Me next? :D I'll make home made breadsticks..

Or maybe I could just borrow your pasta machine? lol