Excited to get started!

Options
Hi all,

My name is Claire. I'm just getting on this site to start tracking my diet even closer than I had been. I did weight watchers and lost weight and have kept it off but it was only a few pounds (10ish). So I'm hoping to loose more since I gained a little bit back after trying to start to work out quite a bit more only to find out that I was probably not eating enough thanks to weight watchers being so restrictive. So, I've picked up a heart rate monitor, the Polar FT4, and am really pumped to start tracking caloric intake with exercise calories burned so I can loose without feeling like I'm dying in the process. I had no idea that you can loose weight without feeling like death and the concept of balance in this is so exciting! I'm also reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's been eye opening, I had no idea that the HIT workouts work so well for women so I'm starting those as of today. Finished my first, but without the heart rate monitor I think the calorie count is off. So the monitor should be coming Tuesday and from then on I'm swearing by that thing. I love the gym, I love my friends at the gym, I have a trainer and now I'm getting my diet back on track after a few months which went a little haywire. I figure, I went off track for 3 months, but only gained about 6 pounds, so I wasn't too far, and the workouts were obviously working to keep the weight off. So, I'm going to loosely follow NROLFW and see where it takes me. I have a really good feeling about this :-)

Replies

• Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hey Claire!

Welcome to this here place.
    I've heard a lot of good things about Polar. (thinking of getting an FT7)
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome girl and I wish you all the luck. Congrats on your weight loss, this means you can do whatever you put your mind to. I am am hopeful for you as well since you seem to be so positive. Good luck on your journey!