Now is the PUMPKIN time of year!

Options
It is coming to that season when everyone wants a bit of that pumpkin goodness. I know I am totally one of those people. When IHOP brings out it's pumpkin pancakes, I go nuts. I've decided this year to cure my own cravings at home with these recipes. One for pumpkin lattes, and one for pumpkin pancakes.

Mind you, I am lazy cook, so both of these are REALLY simple to make. Which, of course, who doesn't appreciate that?

I know everyone LOVES pumpkin spice lattes on a cold day. Here is how I made one this morning with less than 50 calories:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Brew your coffee as normal
2. While coffee in percolating away, mix the pumpkin puree, milk, spices and vanilla in a cup to microwave
3. Once the milk mixture is hot, pour into your coffee
4. Add a bit of nutmeg to the top if you would like or sweeten with Sweet N Low
5. ENJOY
(NOTE: Because of the skim milk, your latte WILL NOT be frothy. I know, it's sad)

Nutrition facts:
Calories- 49
Carbs- 8g
Fat- 0
Protein- 4g
Sodium- 67mg
Sugar- 0

And on those cozy mornings nothing says fall like pumpkin pancakes. I actually made these with left over pumpkin from my latte :)

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of ginger
1/2 cup sweetener
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs

1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, spices, and sweetener.
2. Add remaining ingredients.
3. Stir till well combined
4. Pour into hot pan sprayed with PAM or something along those lines

Nutrition Facts:
Calories- 195
Fat- 4.5g
Sodium- 160mg
Carbs- 45g
Protein- 10g
Sugar- 4g
(These are the nutrition facts for a 2 pancake serving. This recipe will make about 8 pancakes altogether.)

Hopefully, these recipes will help someone avoid those hidden calories from buying these from a restaurant or coffee shop.

Replies