Leggings under shorts?

It's getting colder here in Pennslyvania and I just bought a pair of Nike Legend leggings. Is it a fitness fashion faux pas to wear shorts over top of my new leggings? I feel they are a bit to revealing without them.

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    I do this in the winter time as it's more comfortable for exercising outside, like running or biking.

I wouldn't go out to a nice restaurant looking like this, but it works when I need it to...
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    If you like it and you feel comfortable, wear it mate.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I haven't been stopped by the fashion police yet, so I'd say you're good. I'm not sure what those leggings are exactly, but I wear running shorts over compression shorts/capris/tights year round. But just to clarify, I only dress like this when I'm running or biking. I believe 99% of running attire is a fashion faux pas for anything other than running.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    I haven't been stopped by the fashion police yet, so I'd say you're good. I'm not sure what those leggings are exactly, but I wear running shorts over compression shorts/capris/tights year round. But just to clarify, I only dress like this when I'm running or biking. I believe 99% of running attire is a fashion faux pas for anything other than running.

Leggings.... Tights.... To-may-to..... To-mah-to

The tomato tomato thing is hard to get across in text :P
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    I always thought this looked cool. I plan to wear my Dr Who leggings under my shorts a well. No sense getting cold.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member

Leggings.... Tights.... To-may-to..... To-mah-to

The tomato tomato thing is hard to get across in text :P

Ha! Got it. Wasn't sure if they were tights or like long running pants that are snug but not like tights (that makes sense nowhere but in my head).
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Working out is hard at least mentally. So, wear whats comfortable you shouldn't have to be uncomfortable when you are trying to get in better shape, you know so you can be more comfortable.
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Wear what you want :)