Hi I'm new :)

Options
I am no stranger to the MFP forums as they are a great source of motivation to achieve my goals. Today I decided to make an account and use it to better track my progress. I have a question I know that after adding my meal plan it tells me how much I should weight after 5 weeks of sticking with it which will bring me from 236 to 214 pounds.

However, I will also be walking/jogging/running for 1 whole hour a day but I do not think that the calculator takes the exercise into the equation. That being said how can I find out how much I will weigh after 5 weeks with the exercise?

Note: I am burning 400 calories from the exercise.

Replies

• Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I think there are too many variables to answer that question...... It would depend on how much you are also eating..... Burn 400 calories and go over by 1000 calories and you would gain. If you burn 400 and don't eat the calories back you will lose faster.

Also, it depends on how you have MFP set up. If you have your activity as active, then it will build this in. However, if you are like me and have it set as sedentary, then it assumes you do nothing and need to log all exercise.

Why do you ask the question???????
  • yilver
    Options
    Sorry lol I'm asking because today was my first day of herbalife (don't judge me please; it has worked for EVERYONE I personally know) I have already been running for about 3-4 weeks prior to using herbalife today and went from 250 to 236 pounds. Now my goal with this one month supply of herbalife is to go from 236-200 which is 36 pounds in one month (crazy i know) My daily calorie intake and calories burnt won't change much give or take 20-30 calories max.

Acorrding to the calculations I should weight around 214 in 5 weeks, which is fine but I would really love to hit that 200 mark or at least below 210

My MFP says my daily calorie intake is 1300 Calories
  • mrzdew
    mrzdew Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    To lose a pound you have to have a deficit of 3,500 calories so a great way to guess how many pounds a week your exercise will help you lose add the total calories burned together. For example you said you were burning 400 calories running and you did this 5 days a week, in 5 weeks you will lose an extra 2.9 pounds.... ( 400calories burned x 5 days a week x5 weeks=10,000 extra calories burned ... Divide that but 3500(how many calories needed to burn a pound) and you would have an extra 2.85 pounds of weightless! (I hope this helps you can change the variables in the equation say if u exercise less the 5 days a week )
  • yilver
    Options
    I'm exercising 7 a week haha thank you very much for this equation :)