Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for a motivation buddy to text or IM?

Hi all, I have been using myfitnesspal as an app for ages but this is my first time on the message boards! I am 28 yr old female and trust me I have tried every diet under the sun! My highest ever weight was about 14 stone and my lowest was 8st 13lb....within my healthy BMI.

Over the summer holidays I gained a ton more weight and the last time I successfully dieted was when I had a motivational buddy, but she is no longer available to be my texting buddy. So I have at least 1 stone to lose at the moment.

Anyway, I am looking for a very motivational and strict diet buddy who will make me eat less and exercise more so that I can lose weight quickly but healthily, and hopefully increase my metabolism. Also needs to be ok with texting/messaging throughout the day.

I have an iPhone so can use any free chatting app or can text? Please message me if you're interested :)

Replies

• leadcrow
    leadcrow Posts: 9 Member
    Oh p.s. I am in the uk, so ideally a motivation buddy based in the uk would be fab :)
  • Hey and welcome! I'm fairly new-ish to MFP and I'm pretty pants at this. I am chronically ill so I know what I want/need to do.. but I have difficulty doing it because I'm physically limited. I could also do with some motivation, I'm guilty of binging on tasty noms and now weighing in at the heaviest I've ever been. *gulp*

I don't have an iPhone (android user) but if there is anything across the two to use (that isn't WhatsApp, argh) or if you have gmail/google talk or anything? Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy and/or drop me a message! :)

Just looked at your profile. I'm also a fan of j-fashion. I used to be obsessed with vis-kei. By your avatar, I'm guessing you like anime too? :D

EDIT: And I'm also in the UK (Stafford)
  • leadcrow
    Hey, thanks for responding, message sent :)
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Hi all, I have been using myfitnesspal as an app for ages but this is my first time on the message boards! I am 28 yr old female and trust me I have tried every diet under the sun! My highest ever weight was about 14 stone and my lowest was 8st 13lb....within my healthy BMI.

Over the summer holidays I gained a ton more weight and the last time I successfully dieted was when I had a motivational buddy, but she is no longer available to be my texting buddy. So I have at least 1 stone to lose at the moment.

Anyway, I am looking for a very motivational and strict diet buddy who will make me eat less and exercise more so that I can lose weight quickly but healthily, and hopefully increase my metabolism. Also needs to be ok with texting/messaging throughout the day.

I have an iPhone so can use any free chatting app or can text? Please message me if you're interested :)

I hope you find what you need. A buddy is a great idea. That being said.... Doyou really carry your phone to every meal? to the gym?
  • Hi. I'm Stevie, 24 from the UK. Feel free to add me on MFP :)
  • Im:bigsmile: ( in. Need of. A motivated. Worout buddy! Im. Not sensitive! I have 2 get fitness powered!
  • Were is Danahitz? She is the "powerhouse " of beauty, fitness!!
  • :smile: Were is Danahitz? She is the "powerhouse " of beauty, fitness!!
  • leadcrow
    Yep, I am thorougly addicted to my phone :D