p90x fail

Options
Well this morning I did chest & back exercises with bands. That is, untill the band came loose and slingshotted itself into my face and hand.

Now I look like someone beat me up with some nice markings under my eye and nose. Also 2 fingers on my right hand are swollen. Luckily it doesn't really hurt. Only my hand is a little sensitive when making a fist.

I guess this will be fun at work when I have to visit some clients this afternoon...

Replies

• Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Just tell them Tony Horton beat you up!
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    LOL, sorry, I know I shouldn't be laughing.

I hope you feel better soon, sorry, not laughing :smile:

Agreed to Rayman79, tell them Tony "smacked" you x
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    haha good idea!

I was just bored before work, because my workout got cut off so i figured why not make a post about it. At least it gave someone a laugh :)
  • lilfurson
    Options
    You weren't supposed to do the part where the girl in the back of the room hits Tony in the face with the bands
  • HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    oh really? I just did everything. Telling the one chick she's gorgeous during warmup, comparing shoes with that other guy. Telling myself to put ego aside and use something lighter (then for some reason a few seconds later he says "nobody is lifting more then me" and he picks heavier weights lol
  • lilfurson
    Options
    oh really? I just did everything. Telling the one chick she's gorgeous during warmup, comparing shoes with that other guy. Telling myself to put ego aside and use something lighter (then for some reason a few seconds later he says "nobody is lifting more then me" and he picks heavier weights lol

That was great, made me laugh. Thanks :D
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Well, looking at your profile pic, it shouldn't be too bad. :bigsmile:
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    oh CRAP that had to hurt...I have had a couple of P90X fails... keep at it... it really does work LOL
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    yikes! I've used resistance bands a lot and I'm always afraid that one will snap...Hope you feel better!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Join the club....Im so bruised from lifting a women asked me at the gym if i was "safe at home" :noway:
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Join the club....Im so bruised from lifting a women asked me at the gym if i was "safe at home" :noway:

I told you to tell them you fell down the stairs.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

In my case they asked if I was into kinky stuff :noway:

I've uppercut myself with weights a few times. Didn't learned the first time I guess.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Should not laugh....but like the fact that you are sharing this in a light-hearted way :)
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i was doing kettlebell squat/presses and whacked the kettbell into my chin on the press up! Thats the only injury/accident iv had working out
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yikes! I've used resistance bands a lot and I'm always afraid that one will snap...Hope you feel better!

Me Too!!! I'm always scared this will happen to me.