120+ lost but......

Options
Is there anyone out there that has lost a lot of weight like me but are finding the last 30 lbs or so are a bear??? If so...I need the support....PLEASE :-)

Replies

• jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am in this with you. Lost 150 +pounds and the last 40, well, are excruciatingly slow... It is still working but with so much involvement on my part.... I just joined a new group with a Christmas goal. Hope it will be helpful for the next 12 weeks. One day at a time!
  • pamkstepp
    Options
    Congratulations of your huge weight loss:happy: That is something you should be so proud of. And you are right...it is excruciatingly slow but with persistence and patience we will both get to our goals.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss! That is wonderful! I didn't have as much to lose, so have found the whole process slow. I think it is the fact that your body has to adjust to its new situation. Give it some time. The closer you are to your ideal weight, the more the body fights it, is my understanding. There were a lot of outside factors that happened about the time I decided to lose 35 lbs. It took a while for me to get back on track. Remember too that you may need to change your goals to cut down the amount you want to lose each week. My body fought me when I was trying to lose 2 lbs a week. When I changed it just to 1.5 lbs loss, it helped.
    Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!!!! And remember, YOU have come a long way!!!! BE PROUD!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 118. I lost 90 the first year, 100 took 14 months and 18 the last 6. Also, the last 10 pounds I've lost have been with very little exercise, so I've lost 10 pounds and NO inches. I've not been measuring my thighs, but I think they may be bigger than they were 10 pounds ago.

I'm doing better than I thought I would at not stopping and at staying in control most days. I have more WAY over days now than I did the first 14 months or so, but I'm still losing. Although I worry that I'm losing mostly muscle!

But like you, I need to stay focused and get a new plan. I've accepted that losing the last 25 to 50 (don't know where I'll stop yet) is going to require a different plan than the first 120. It just is. It takes a different amount of commitment and a different flavor of effort!

The first 120 seemed like it required a bunch of emotional sorting and pushing myself to MOVE. The calorie restrictions didn't feel as restrictive. I never had to be hungry, just reasonable and then find new coping skills.

But this is more like a commitment to being fit and making sacrifices. It feels completely different. I think I could get to my goal weight in a few years just going the way I am. Which is encouraging. But I want more than that. I want to be fit, and that is something I've never worked for before.

Also, as I've gotten smaller, my life has gotten busier. But now I know I want it! It will be a priority! Working on that. :)
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! This is actually really, really common! The last of your pounds are the most difficult because our bodies are trying to level out while we are trying to keep pushing them. I let my body level out for a bit (for like 6 weeks) and then I started pushing again and it helped, a little. I am now technically at my goal, but I was hoping for five more lbs... we shall see! But hang in there and just stick with what you are doing. Don't get too frustrated with yourself, your body is working hard!
  • SAHMomma2_4
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I lost the first 141 lbs so easily. Every week I'd have a drop in pounds. Since May though I have just been up and down in the same 10lb range. It's incredibly frustrating... but I am not giving up.