one small success at a time

Options
So after 2 weeks of our new lifestyle I had dinner with friends. We went out to a buffet of all places. And while im feeling a bit guilty it was a bit of a success as well. Normally at this buffet I would have eaten 3-4 pieces of pizza, mashed potatoes, gravy, fried chicken, and atleast 4 pieces of dessert pizza. Today I had a salad, 1 slice of pizza and 2 small slices of dessert pizza. And while I do feel a bit guilty im learning that it doesn't have to kill my whole day. For breakfast I had a veggie egg white omlet with 2 pieces of wheat toast. For lunch I had a tomato and fresh green beans. And I did some hard core gardening for 4 hours today, not just pulling weeds. I dug out atleast 30 plants, replanted half, edged the yard and shoveled a truck load at the compost site. So I guess in all it was an ok day. One day at a time and one small success at a time. Its a lifestyle change not a diet.

Replies

• Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    So very true :)
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle change is THE key and one small step at a time is very important. Just keep taking those small steps and don't look back!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's a journey we are all on. Great job with dinner out. I know that is always going to be a challenging one for most of us. It's much easier to be in control when we are at home. You're doing great!:smile:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Yay you! It is a lifestyle change. Rome wasn't built in a day and there is no reason why you can't make yummy choices as long as you plan accordingly.
  • jennyruellebricker
    Options
    Thank you all, it makes moving forward much easier. Today im back on track and drinking tons to flush out the extra sodium from dinner last night. Have a great day:smile:
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It still boggles my mind that some many people eat at cheap buffets with even cheaper terrible food. Take the money you waste on a buffet and make a gorgeous meal for you and your friends--the companionship of everyone in the kitchen making their specialty will make your food taste all that much better--and you can control the calories that would otherwise be wasted at a buffet dump.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!