Fitbit?

Options
Has anyone else got a fitbit? I got mine two days ago and i'm very confused! i did like 17 minutes on the treadmill wasn't going very fast, said I burned 344 calories but the machine said like 100:| the steps are accurate and the sleep tracker, just unsure about this calorie business! I don't want it appearing on my thing if it' wrong, it just bugs me! 1600 calories since midnight seems a bit too much, since i only just got up like 2 hours ago! thanks guys:)

Replies

• clairedalex
    Options
    Make sure your height, weight, grnder and are entered correctly firstly..
    If these are correct, remember that the fit bit show your total energy expenditure, so what you body needs to maintains its normal fubctions, not just what you burn from exercise and movement. A lt of calories can be used during sleep for growth and repair.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I remember putting in my weight in lbs when it should have been in KG, needless to say some of the figures it came out with were quite large =)
  • xx4mygirlsxx
    Options
    Check you entered the correct timezone for where you live. I had this problem when I first got it. x
  • jen10001
    jen10001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Remember that fitbit calculates your total expenditure up to that point for the DAY (from midnight I believe), not for just the exercise. So, if you get up and exercise first thing in the morning and then look at the calories and it says "317" or whatever, that = fitbit's guess at your body's natural calories burned just being alive since midnight (let's say for example 200) and adds in the "extra" steps/activities on top of that. Hope that makes sense.