P90X question

Options
I am in my 6th week of the Lean Phase and I did Chest, shoulders, and Triceps last Friday and I am still sore in the chest, is it alright to do more pushups today, as today was Core Synergistics. I did to it but just wondered. This one isn't getting any easier for me, always a huffer and puffer :) Haven't lost any weight but have lost inches. Do you all wear HR monitors for all the workouts, I do.

Replies

• determined4ever
    Options
    Keep working hard with the p90x program. My husband and I are in our 11th week. I didn't lose any weight the first 3..got very discouraged....but kept pushing play....I've lost 33 pounds...been supplementing with other exercise as well, I hate cardio and I huff and puff through every cardio workout...just a sign you're burning some calories!....YOU GOTTA change eating habits to lose the weight. I gave up the fat free coffee creamer and have shed ever since.....Hang in there...I can't wait until I'm a p90x grad....heard only 13% actually finish the program!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have done 1 1/2 rounds of p90x and I too didnt start losing until about wk 5 and it started falling off! I saw more in in inches at first. Anyway to your question! I always stayed on schedule no matter how sore I was (had to modify) It seemed to help work out the soreness to keep going! You will eventually get adjusted to it, just keep modifying and keep pushing play! and yes I wear HRM everytime I workout no matter what I do.
    Good Luck!
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It is a very hard program.....I am a grad and doing my second round (week 5)....but it is so worth it.....you can do it...like they say just keep pushing play and yes we get sore...I did something to my wrist and it really hurt my pushups for about a week but I kept doing it just not quite as hard that week....It is a mind over matter thing.....Don't let yourself make excuses....That is what got me through......You will do it just keeop going!!!!!
  • kskye82
    kskye82 Posts: 56
    Options
    Keep hangin in there! I'm on my last phase of the program! I didn't lose anything my first month so I had to adjust my calorie intake. And yes, you will be sore and still work those muscles. It's actually the best way to break through the soreness!
    If you want, feel free to add me!
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks friend. As far as the eating I am a very clean eater, no sugar, white flour, lots of protein, good carbs, so that isn't my problem. I probably really don't have lots of weight to lose, so that may be why I am not seeing weight loss. I am 5'8" tall and weight about 152,,and am large boned. Just wanted to lose about 10 pounds and lean out more. I will finish the program, I am not a quitter, I did ChaLene Extreme and that was 3 months as well, but I actually like this program better.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    as long as you get a day of rest in between working out the same muscle you should be ok. Now if it's pulled or something like that, i'd take a week off til it feels strong again, but if it's just a little soreness then you should be ok