Newbie: Anyone want to start INSANITY with me?

Options
suicidebarbie69
suicidebarbie69 Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi im new to the site :) im going to be starting the Insanity 60 day program on Mon Sept 16th. Eeek!!! I was hoping for a buddy to do it with for support and motivation. Im a big girl and have a big goal to do so someone who has a big goal too would be awesometastical :) but if anyone is going to be starting insanity please contact me i would love to help and could also use the support! Time for change!

Replies

• stephraquino
    Options
    I've tried insanity, but I think I'm too heavy and I get discouraged that I'm not able to do he vids EXACTLY the way the people in the video do the moves :( ill do it with you :) let me know!
  • suicidebarbie69
    Options
    You shouldn't give up! I've never tried it but you can't quit because you're not going to look like the people on the vid! We gotta work our hardest. I know im not going to get it right i can't do a push up to save my life but ill get there eventually and so will you :) add me and we can help another im starting on Monday and i have a 75 lb goal to lose lol
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I want to try!' Count me in!
  • suicidebarbie69
    Options
    Awesome :) thank you for the support!
  • buzymick
    buzymick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started with the Fit Test today. It was kind of hard for me because I haven't worked out in a few months, but I am not stopping. So, I will do it with you!

Mickey
  • Kittycatcathyy
    Options
    I am starting insanity this Monday too! I need to lose 35 pounds! We can do it!! :smile:
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity, and am now doing Focus T25. Key things to remember...in EVERY video he (Sean T) will tell you to focus on form and to go at your own pace! It will be easy to get discouraged if you try to keep up with a group of folks who are professional dancers, athletes, etc. Go at your own pace and you will be amazed at how fast you improve! Going at your own pace does not mean taking it easy! The only way this will work is if you do what you can, but PUSH YOURSELF as hard as you can! You can do this! I lost 35lbs on the program and feel awesome! I plan to do Insanity Asylum next. Oh...I didn't mention that I had open heart surgery in 2009 to replace my aortic root and install a mechanical aortic valve. I had a failed valve and a massive aortic aneurysm waiting to kill me. IF I CAN DO THIS, SO CAN YOU!! Enjoy the workouts! You will improve with time!
  • b33jal
    Options
    Hey,

I'm starting tomorrow as well with INSANITY, I want to be fit and health for my 30th next year so I hope we can support each other :)
  • MichaelStreeter
    Options
    I did the Insanity fit test yesterday and the first workout today. Spent a few minutes face down on the floor panting but felt great at the end. I'm aiming at losing about 50lbs. I'll keep checking in to see how you are getting on and warn you when there's something really hard coming !!
  • perljam15
    Options
    I'll be starting insanity too, I've done a few of the workouts and they are definitely tiresome. I recommend doing it right in the morning because otherwise it's really tough to do it at night!
  • suicidebarbie69
    Options
    This is great! If anyone needs support motivation or anything just message me or post on here. Im starting around 1 because i have school in the morning so i don't wanna be worn out and not concentrate haha but i do have a question.. I can't afford to do the meal plan does anyone know anything cheap to buy that lasts threw the week?
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've tried insanity, but I think I'm too heavy and I get discouraged that I'm not able to do he vids EXACTLY the way the people in the video do the moves :( ill do it with you :) let me know!

You can't keep up with them. Don't try - you will only hurt yourself and get discouraged. Go as hard as you can with good form. I'm finishing up round 2 now.. .I started at 160. You can both do this. Good luck!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

PS... don't get hung up on the scale. Would you rather lose 5 lbs or 3 inches off your waist??? Take your measurements, take pictures front and side. Don't weigh yourself every day, your weight will fluctuate and even maybe go up the first week as your body retains water cause its trying to figure out what the hell you are doing to it. My rule was to weigh in and measure on every fit test day... in between, if you are staying with it and watching your diet, your clothes will get looser and you will know its working.
  • stephraquino
    Options
    Great advice... I'm going to take some measurements tomorrow.. Looking for my measuring tape as we speak :)
This discussion has been closed.