What weight lifting does for small boobs...

Options
This has come up a few times in the last couple of days. Someone complains about losing boobs with weight. Others answer and say lifting helps. Others still doubt this tip.

Now this is hard to show without getting banned and/or divorced but I'll do what I can... My breasts are still small. 36A. But I've birthed and breastfed 3 children. I was a 36D while nursing. Lifting hasn't made them bigger but I think it's made them perkier and my chest area in general looks better. My sternum is nice and defined. I have "cleavage" of sorts due to my pectoral muscles.

HOWEVER, I'd also like to point out that there's nothing wrong with small breasts. In fact I find it somewhat insulting when women freak out about losing breast size.

Okay, here it goes:

This was a couple of months ago:
20127619_1291.jpg

This was 4 years ago, I weighed 15lbs less than I do now (145lbs vs. 160lbs) I wasn't lifting at all at the time. My chest was just boney and lean.
Front145.jpg

This was last summer (still at 160). There's just more tissue there, no it's not breast tissue, it's muscle, but yes, it gives a better appearance, in my opinion.
IMAG1122.jpg

Replies

• meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You look great! Wonder what it could do for my boosoms :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...There's just more tissue there, no it's not breast tissue, it's muscle, but yes, it gives a better appearance, in my opinion.
    IMAG1122.jpg

You don't look like an A in that pic at all! I agree that your chest looks great with the increased muscle definition! :drinker:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    but I thought lifting made women lose their boobs and grow penises!!!!

Kidding. You look awesome! And you look just like one of my friends in the second pic!
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Very nicely illustrated.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting has done some truely awesome things for your body! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    :noway:
    I :heart: it!

I guess I need to REALLY start reading that NROWLFW.
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look amazing! I too, detest "Help! I'm losing my boobs" thread and the sad faces that come with getting the dreaded A or B cups.
  • PocketPoodle
    PocketPoodle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. You look great!

My mom used to lift heavy, and she has also told me that bench press made her breasts look bigger (she used to be as skinny and small chested as I am) when I have complained about my body.

I can't afford a gym membership at the moment, but I have found that body weight and resistance band exercises have made me happier about my body in general (not "despite" my small breasts - I hate that kind of expressions. "Your breasts are small, but they look good on you". Not really a compliment :grumble: )