Any suggestions about how to lose weight without the gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Impossible. You must hire a $50 an hour trainer, participate in group classes, and eat diet food.

Or not.

I'm going with the "or not" option. But thanks for the chuckle.
  • decemberist_xo
    Options
    Have you tried the couch25k program? (:
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Loads of stuff you can do

Walk (60 min walk everyday is not hard to fit in)
    Run
    Skip
    Home dvd workouts
    Weight bench/Weights
    punch bag
    Etc...

And of course cut calories and sort your diet out.
  • anatolian9
    anatolian9 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Its called eating healthy.. you don't lose weight in the gym, you tone or build.
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight without exercising, then I read Convict Conditioning, started the program, and am losing more weight and feeling stronger at the same time.
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Much of what has already been stated (calorie deficit is the crucial element here, not whether or not you join a gym), but also get moving for your health. I love my Total Gym for toning the muscles, but if you haven't the space for this equipment there are a zillion DVDs out there (everything from walking in place to hard core "knock-you-down" workouts. Find something you like to do (hiking, dancing, hand weights, et cetera). For me, it was finding something I enjoyed (or at least don't hate) and keeping it as simple as possible to ensure I stick with it - that's the other crucial point - don't quit. If plan A doesn't work for you, move to plan B or plan C...just don't give up. Good luck on your journey!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Its mainly because i am lazy :p
    Though i will try to change that in the coming months.
    No medical reasons whatsoever for not exercising.

Don't try. You'll fail. Just do it. Do it if you're lazy, do it if you're tired, do it when you don't feel like doing it. Do it when your motivation is gone, do it when you'd rather sit on the couch and eat, do it because you're determined to change your life, your health, your body. :flowerforyou:
  • Dipayan123
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Lots of great suggestions.

I have made a note of it all and will be following through.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Weight is about calories in vs calorie out. Eat less than you burn and you'll lose weight with or without exercise. Exercise helps with fitness and strength.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

QFT.

And then if you want to exercise you can put shoes on and walk outside.
    +1 for both
This discussion has been closed.