Never been kissed

Options
Hi Im a 27 year old woman and Ive never been kissed. Seriously! Ive struggled with my weight my whole life. At my highest I was a size 22 UK and 250 lbs. I'm 5'7 btw.

My weight is my excuse for never dating I always had slim and pretty friends so guys never noticed me. i didnt care that much as i was working really hard getting my degree and having finished that 3 years ago, i now have a really well paid good job that i enjoy so i dont regret my lack of life experience in some ways.But now i'm sick of being the girl that listens to all my girlfriends guy drama and i wanna get some of my own!!

Ive actually lost 70lbs 2 years ago and have pretty much kept it of i didnt count a single calorie in doing so either. But this last sort of 20-30lbs is a big problem for me so im gonna start logging food counting cals macros and logging exercise to shift it.

My motivation is finding love, since losing weight the last 2 years ive been asked out a few times by guys but i always say no. i just have no confidence in myself and my body and im completely embarassed by my lack of experience.

im joining MFP to regain some control in my life and to make a change.

I'd love some support xx

Replies

• raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will support you.

If I guy asks you out, they like you so don't be embarrassed. If they are a nice guy they won't care how much experience you have.

Have some confidence girl!

Add me as a friend and I will build up your confidence, you will be fighting men off in no time!
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in UK and log in daily - please feel free to add me, I will happily give you support.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Finding love starts with yourself. Not meant to be harsh, but even 350kg women find love. You need to find the confidence in you to go out and meet someone. Everyone can find love, but don't be afraid of what other might think or say :-)
    Lack of experience shouldn't hold you back, we all started somewhere someday, be it at a little younger age.
    It's not easy, it will not be easy, but it will be fine :-)
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Go get some nice sexy lingerie, do your hair and make-up. Put the lingerie on (or not!), stand in front of a mirror.
    Look at how great you look. You are sexy, eventually you will see and feel it
  • xkaylaxmichellex
    xkaylaxmichellex Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As much as loving yourself first is important, you also need to remember that you need to find somebody who loves you for you! Don't feel like you need to change yourself for anyone! I know I'm only 18, but trust me, changing yourself does not, EVER, make you happy if it's for the wrong reasons. Change for you only :) That being said, I'm always here to talk if you ever need to.
  • 27toheaven
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your supportive words x
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi! Finding the right guy first starts with yourself. You will find love when you are ready, don't feel bad that everyone around you has drama and you don't!!! I know you will find the right person :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I kissed a great many toads starting at puberty and continuing until I finally found hubby at age 54! You have been choosy, I wasn't. I don't necessarily recommend my method. In fact, although there were some fun times there's a good deal to regret.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, just because you've never been kissed doesn't mean you aren't totally kissable. It may take awhile to find "the one" for you whether you kiss every willing toad or not. Know that you are worth being respected and admired.

The day hubby and I met, both 54, neither ever married or engaged, we knew right away we'd finally found each other. Eight years later, we know it still.

b81daf7a-d07b-4d44-ae21-1a2324efa15a_zpsc3f26efa.jpg
  • SlightFigureOfSpeech
    Options
    b81daf7a-d07b-4d44-ae21-1a2324efa15a_zpsc3f26efa.jpg

OMG this picture is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Congrats on your continued happiness with the husband!

And 27toheaven, your situation is all too relatable to me. I'm adding you right now so we can keep each other's butts in gear until we hit our goals :)
  • jcmrax5
    jcmrax5 Posts: 133
    Options
    feel free to add me :smile:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a 27 year old woman and Ive never been kissed. Seriously! Ive struggled with my weight my whole life. At my highest I was a size 22 UK and 250 lbs. I'm 5'7 btw. im joining MFP to regain some control in my life and to make a change.

I'd love some support xx
    You sound sweet. I predict great success for you.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you really need to be happy with yourself first before you find love. It will not matter to the guy who loves you what you weigh or how you look. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and have a solid career and educational background. It wont be long before a guy realizes that you're a real catch because there are a LOT of dizzy dames out there as my grandpa would say haha!

You might want to consider online dating to start since you can sort of "pre-screen" the people that you're talking to or going out with. I did that years ago and had great success with it as I eventually met my wife on there!

But you need to be happy with who you are first I think. Your bodyweight is merely a function of calories in vs out. It can be changed by altering your diet and exercise habits. You can get to your goal, but you need to believe in yourself and set some goals and go after it for it to become reality. If you can get through college and get a degree, then you can definitely get to your desired weight and get the guy you've been looking for. Set some goals and go after them, you can do it!
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    BTW that's an AWESOME wedding photo up there haha!