I am new to fitnesspal

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Rose and I am 28 years old. I was refered to this site by my friend and co-worker, "fatfelyne" (Christina) last night. She had mentioned its a great tool to keep her motivated in her weight loss goals. I am recently going through a divorce and now looking back I realize I gained 20 pounds while in a very stressful marraige. I found a picture of myself from my college days at the beach with some friends. I was amazed that back then I looked so great, tan and tone yet was still not happy with my weight at the time. I posted it on my fridge as a reminder everyday of my goals. I was going to the gym and eating right at the time of that picture so I know what to do and how to do it but the emotions and stress of everything going on makes me want to watch tv all day and eat junk food.
I come from an Italian family on my mother's side so we eat a lot of bread and pasta and always 2-3 helpings. My family is all about eating good food, talking for hours, then eating good food, then more talking and so on. I've struggled in my adult life with portion control and social eating, that is, eating when I'm not hungry just because others are eating around me.
I've decided this is my time to start fresh. A new beginning where I can stop feeling sorry for myself and actually do something about it. I know it will be much easier now with the support of my new friends on fitnesspal.

Replies

• trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    you will def love it here!
  • MardellD
    Options
    Welcome! For me if it wasn't for all the great support here I would not be near as motivated to get my healthy life style back. You came to the right place. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other!
  • jlmartello
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site - It is really motivating and I hope it is for you also! :happy:
  • bellsiboo
    Options
    Hi there,
    My family are spanish and its the same for me. I get hungry just seeing people eat! Just had a baby and things are abit messy financially so not feeling grea about myself. However, Ive only been doing this for three days but i have found it so much more helpful and motivating. Sounds a bit too much maybe, but i am feeling a positive change already and noting food and excercises down on this website is like writing a diary. It reminds me of my goals everyday making tthat bit easier for me. It does sound like its time for you! Best of luck on your new journey!
  • bellsiboo
    Options
    Hi there,
    My family are spanish and its the same for me. I get hungry just seeing people eat! Just had a baby and things are abit messy financially so not feeling grea about myself. However, Ive only been doing this for three days but i have found it so much more helpful and motivating. Sounds a bit too much maybe, but i am feeling a positive change already and noting food and excercises down on this website is like writing a diary. It reminds me of my goals everyday making tthat bit easier for me. It does sound like its time for you! Best of luck on your new journey!