I hate myself

Options
I started out at 150 pounds and I'm now down to 137. I was doing the liquid amino diet, but quit because its just way too strict. Anyways I'm more interested in the iifym way of dieting now. I've been doing good this last week, but today was a stressful day and I broke down and ordered p izza and had way too many slices. So yeah I'm highly upset with myself right now. I know it's not the end of the world ii just needed to vent.

Replies

• cara2801
    cara2801 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have bad days. Start again tomorrow & don't dwell on it, it's only a slip up.
  • vixphil
    vixphil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That makes me so sad to hear this. Don't hate yourself, you're only human. We all have our good and bad days and that's out of our control. It's in our control how we choose to react to them but we don't always react the way we would like to, and that's just part of being human. Give your self some love. That's what you need right now. You are a beautiful strong woman who's achieved 13 pounds of weight loss and one bad day doesn't change that.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    x big hug x

You can do it.

Give yourself a big hug and treat yourself with kindness. You are amazing.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You tried.. you are one step closer to your goals than if you had not tried. sometimes we try stuff and see if it works, everyone is different.

Good news - every day you have a chance to make a fresh start. its pretty exciting that we can do that.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It's okay to hate that decision, but it's no reason to hate yourself. We all fall off the wagon at some point. You can't change what you did yesterday, but you can try your best to make better decisions today. That's all any of us can do.
  • sarverga
    sarverga Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dont let it get you down! we all have our days! just keep at it. :)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    One day makes no difference. Make peace with the fact that nobody else is perfect either.
  • klerato
    Options
    Hang in there. You know you have the capability to do this,so do it. If you know you eat when you get stressed that try to find something else to do while you work on changing this habit. Take a shower or go workout. If this is too hard to do right away then change the food that you eat.
    You'll be alright
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Trust me, this is nothing - move on. I've dropped a tremendous amount of weight since late April and I've had a number of off days, quite a few to be precise, LOL!
  • LaBellaFeFe
    Options
    Log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day!

I'm not sure how I would log it? The pizza place isn't listed in mfp and the place I got it doesn't offer any nutritional info on their site.
  • LaBellaFeFe
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the sweet comments. They have truly made me feel a lot better.
  • Jsneel
    Jsneel Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Log a pizza like what ya had.... Hunts pizza thin or thick crust how big sm med or large...cheese and toppings. Sometimes I have to break down my food if I can find it. Just try to get accurate as possible bc for me to see calories I ate makes me aware and accountable. Hope that helps. I just try to be around my daily calories(1200) but most of time I go over a little bit. Don't be hard on yourself just remember how u feel now and remind yourself of that next time u wanna over do it of how it made ya feel.
  • alice1128
    alice1128 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love that...it's okay to hate the decision...but not yourself ( to paraphrase). It's like a light bulb went on for me. Thank you!
  • phyliciaxo
    Options
    Btw I just realized I logged in with my FB account but I don't log in under my FB account on the app. If anyone would like to add me add this page.
  • spice1210
    Options
    We all make bad choices. Like I did tonight going back for a second helping of ziti and a brownie. Why do we sabotage ourselves? don't hate yourself. Be kind to yourself.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I started out at 150 pounds and I'm now down to 137. I was doing the liquid amino diet, but quit because its just way too strict. Anyways I'm more interested in the iifym way of dieting now. I've been doing good this last week, but today was a stressful day and I broke down and ordered p izza and had way too many slices. So yeah I'm highly upset with myself right now. I know it's not the end of the world ii just needed to vent.

i never get upset about anything i eat.

you can fit anything into your weekly diet that you want. you can save up some calories from other days to offset a splurge on pizza.

pizza is not bad for you.

i ordered a couple of pizzas a week ago.

i weigh 3lbs less today than i did the day i ordered the pizzas.

focus on the protein and fat macros. try to meet your daily calories. if it's easier, instead of worrying about each day, do a 7-day running average for each and make sure that average is in line with your goals.
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't put yourself down, log it and move onto tomorrow. Food is an addiction just like anything else. Take it one day at a time. MFP members are here to support you.
  • sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. It ALL passes through the same set of "pipes". You will have many opportunities to make other choices. Not worth being mad at yourself, but venting is some great stuff, isn't it? Like breathing out and letting go. All is much better afterwards. Big hug.
  • steffi38
    Options
    Every day is a new day so don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day and a new chance.