Mmm eating a Quest Bar for the first time!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Parmcat
    Parmcat Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Yes they do!

GNC does not carry them in Canada, but Nutrition House does. I am sure there are other places as well!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    If anyone wants to help a sister out use this link to buy them, it will give you 10$ off and me 10$ off and also if you spend over 50$ you get free shipping:
    https://www.vitacostrewards.com/j4LzXQE

I would really appreciate it... my medical diet is very restrictive and these are my favorite food that i am allowed.
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Now trying chocolate brownie today! Yum.
    Will have to buy some now haha
  • madworld1
    Options
    I gotta be honest. I went to GNC after seeing all the rave reviews and I picked up 4 different flavors. I have tried the white chocolate raspberry and the cookie dough so far. I do NOT think that are worth all the hype. But, that's just my taste buds- to each his/her own.
  • lolapedia88
    Options
    They have almost a powerbar texture too
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Are you guys selling these bars or something? I keep seeing posts in the forum about how good they taste, can someone explain how they're using them?

Weight loss program or bulking? Meal replacement?

I see protein, carbs, salt and no other nutritional value. Am I wrong? There just seems to be other things I could eat that has more value and doesn't trigger a craving for a snickers bar.

On a 1300 cal diet plan, why would I want to eat 15% of my allowed intake on something that'll make we want 2 or 3 more?

These are honest questions, cause I'm wondering. Again, I keep hearing how great they taste, but what's the deal?

I use them for everything. With such a high amount of micro-nutrients, they are great for boosting protein intake, or staying full for a while if I am trying to lose weight. There is so much hype on these because aside from making your own, they have no equal in regards to the combination of nutrients AND flavor profile. Other bars that taste as good are so high in sugar and usually have a lot less nutrients.

For a 1300 calorie diet, I assume you are trying to lose at 2lbs per week...so a quest bar would be there as a meal replacement or something to tide you over for a good bit of time. Assuming I haven't done an AM workout, 1 bar in the morning will last me from 6:45 AM until around 10 AM. If you want to maximize how long it keeps you full, I recommend drinking 8-16 ounces of water when eating the bar. Not sure why, but it seems to really help me stay full. I think it has more to do with my body just wants the hydration, but who knows...I haven't given much thought on that.

Note...they are not cheap, so if you are on a budget, check out the below link for home-made, or you can always try doing home-made smoothies to get a similar nutrient profile. Enjoy!

Just realized I forgot to include other nutrients....brownie has 4% calcium, 6% Vitamin A, 15% iron (all based on 2000 calorie diet, so the percents are higher for you), 19g dietary fiber, 380mg of potassium, phosphorous 10% and magnesium 5%. Just note that brownie has the highest nutrition profile of ALL of the bars, so there will be a little less here and there for the other flavors.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1074514-homemade-quest-bars
  • madworld1
    Options
    Okay.... hold up. I have to retract what I said earlier today.

I am currently eating the chocolate brownie one & it is DELICIOUS. I am definitely buying some more of these bad boys. I just needed to find the right one for me. I warmed it up & it tastes like a gooey brownie. YUM.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    So after so many people on MFP saying Quest Bars are the best, I requested some samples. Eating the cinnamon roll flavor right now. So good! Definetly never had a PROTEIN bar taste this good! Will have to buy some.. Thinking the white chocolate raspberry sounds good... Opinions ?

Y'all made me go out & buy some too. I tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & all I have to say is yum:). I bought a few other flavors, but I knew I had to try that one first.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I am currently eating the chocolate brownie one & it is DELICIOUS. I am definitely buying some more of these bad boys. I just needed to find the right one for me. I warmed it up & it tastes like a gooey brownie. YUM.

I didn't warm my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough one up, but I might try that tomorrow. How long did you warm up your's for?
  • madworld1
    Options

I didn't warm my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough one up, but I might try that tomorrow. How long did you warm up your's for?

Try 10 seconds. ;-)
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    how do you request samples? and i have had some so far... i think they aren't bad! i've had the peanut butter, the banana and coconut..... of those coconut is the better i think and peanut butter isn't so nice. The gnc in my neighborhood doesn't have many kinds yet lol
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    were can we request frr samples mail me please
  • lolapedia88
    Options
    Request samples via their website
    Questproteinbar.com
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    "Mmm" is hardly how I would describe them.
  • lolapedia88
    Options
    Haha they taste good
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Favorites:
    Choc chip cookie dough (tastes SO good, especially warmed up)
    Peanut butter supreme (love PB)
    Strawberry cheesecake (taste great also only has 160 calories for 20g protein)

Good:
    Choc brownie (a bit too high on sodium)
    Apple pie (love the "apple bits" in there)
    PB&J (it really does taste like PB&J)
    Mixed Berry Bliss
    Banana nut muffin (tastes like banana bread)
    White choc raspberry (new flavor.. only had it once. It's alright but I'm not a big fan of white choc in general)

Less preferred:
    Lemon cream pie
    Cinnamon Roll
    Coconut cashew
    Vanilla almond crunch

The only one I dislike:
    Chocolate Peanut Butter (it doesn't taste like either chocolate or PB, kinda like..cardboard?)