Any Weight Watcher Followers on here?

Options
I have decided, for me, that I lose weight more consistently by counting points. My problem is, the weight watchers boards are not supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend if you are following WW too.

Thanks.

Replies

• Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I did for a bit but I'm joining again on Thursday. Need a boost!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    I'm doing WW, but I do it at home so I don't have access to their boards.

Anyone can feel free to add me - it would be nice to have more people following WW xox
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have decided, for me, that I lose weight more consistently by counting points. My problem is, the weight watchers boards are not supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend if you are following WW too.

Thanks.

The WW boards are what you make of them. There are people on there who aren't nice, but there are some wonderful people there, too.

And FWIW, I've "met" some people on these boards who weren't any better than the worst of the WW people.

Anyway, I also find I lose better with WW than calorie counting and just switched back this week.
  • Genevieve23120
    Genevieve23120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got all the WW tools (books and stuff) but found that it didn't work for me. I'm prediabetic and learned how many foods out there can raise your blood sugar. Carbs (even whole wheat), fruit juices (even freshly squeezed), and fiber can all raise your blood sugar but WW only looks at the calories, fat, and fiber so that's why it didn't work for me. I find the tools on this website to be alot easier because it considers all the nutitional information on a given piece of food. I still have the books and certainly love the portion training and recepies and consult the resturaunt guides, but overall I prefer MFP.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I got all the WW tools (books and stuff) but found that it didn't work for me. I'm prediabetic and learned how many foods out there can raise your blood sugar. Carbs (even whole wheat), fruit juices (even freshly squeezed), and fiber can all raise your blood sugar but WW only looks at the calories, fat, and fiber so that's why it didn't work for me. I find the tools on this website to be alot easier because it considers all the nutitional information on a given piece of food. I still have the books and certainly love the portion training and recepies and consult the resturaunt guides, but overall I prefer MFP.

You can eat or not eat anything you choose on WW. There are a lot of diabetics on it who are doing great. You just adjust what you eat based on what your dietart restrictions are.
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    thanks for all your comments & friend requests.
  • msouza
    msouza Posts: 6
    Options
    I wanted to go back to w.w. as I found it easier to count points. I'm still considering it but am not sure I can afford it. I"m not doing well counting the calories.If I can find my books from before I may try to do the points.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I wanted to go back to w.w. as I found it easier to count points. I'm still considering it but am not sure I can afford it. I"m not doing well counting the calories.If I can find my books from before I may try to do the points.

Online only is about $17 or $18 a month. I bought an electronic tracker and look up NI for stuff I need online so I don't pay for the program anymore.

I know they're making some major changed in December, but the old program worked so well for me that I'm sticking to that.
  • 2girlzmm
    2girlzmm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone...I did ww several years ago and lost quite a bit of weight before getting pregnant with my daughters. It helped that where I worked we had our weekly meetings. We no longer are hosting them so have over the years tried doing it by myself and using the online program. Right now I can not rejoin online so very happy to have found you all as I have decided to try ww again and start today. Feel free to friend me...Looking forward to getting to know you all....
  • takethepieces
    Options

Go on this board, it has all the info floating about on there http://messageboards.ivillage.co.uk/iv-ukdfwwatcher/

and this one has a lot of your eat out and core points (it may be more suited to people in the UK though)

http://www.ukladyluck.onthefirm.co.uk/