Most Exercise You Did In One Day?

Options
My gym had a full day of back to back master classes on Thursday, and I challenged myself to do 6 of them in that one day. Basically 3 sets of 2 back to back classes. These were boxing fitness, abs, kickboxing fitness, hot iron(body pump basically), step class with weights and gladiator fitness...45 minutes each. I also walked a bit.

That was a 1900 calorie burn.

What is the most you ever did ?

Replies

• albdusty
    albdusty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I danced (moderate to heavy) for 7 hours straight at an electronic dance music party. It was about 1800 calories. Needless to say, I could barely walk after that.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    26 miles hiked in one day. I was going for 32 miles but we started too late and had to turn back so we didn't lose light. Over 2000 calories, conservatively 2100 calories, but was probably higher due to the terrain. My legs were dead for days.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A 5k with a Zumba warmup, then another hour of Zumba AFTER the 5k, and another hour of lifting after that. I could barely move the next day. Not recommended.
  • rakufire
    rakufire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A half-marathon.

To be fair, it probably just FELT like the most exercise ever - I hate running and every step of the months of training was torture.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    100 miles on my hybrid cycle back in June. 6:57 hours cycling, 7:26 elapsed time.

Just under 4,000 calories burned and a whole stack of carbs eaten.
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I did the London Marathon a few years ago. A very slow time, as I'm not a runner, but must have burned around 2600. The only way i could get down the stairs the next day was by coming down backwards!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    High altitude trekking in the Himalayas: 7-11 hour days at 3500-5700m altitude. At some points you had to pause for a second to get your breath back after taking a single step. It takes a long time to get anywhere at high altitude and there's a mental aspect to it that you can't replicate anywhere else.

Was gone two months and even eating multiple yak/buffalo steaks a day, lost an ungodly amount of weight. Went out at 12 stone-ish and came back 9 stone-ish (around 125lb). Family and friends were worried for me, strangers thought I was battling a terminal illness.

You literally can't eat enough food at that level of physical activity and it changes you emotionally/mentally. I literally left the old me on a mountain somewhere.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    2.4 mile swim, 112 miles undulating road ride around the Swiss Alps, 26.2 mile run. Just under 16 hours total.
    No idea how many calories burned. It wasn't important.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Well holy moley!

Hard to top that, but I do BodyCombat, BodyPump, and then BodyAttack back to back on Saturdays, every other week. It'd be weekly but the Saturday BodyAttack class is only offered on an alternating basis. The classes are one hour each and I burn anywhere from 1400 to 1800 total calories.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    100 miles on my hybrid cycle back in June.

Oooh... I had no idea that century ride was done on a hybrid!! Yowsa!! *crosses legs* :blushing: :sad: :drinker: :noway:
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    zumbathon !!! 15-20 , zumba classes and dance aerobic classes one after the other . I couldnt walk afterwards but it was perfect and loved it . also maybe climbing to mountain Olympus ( walking and climbing for 14 hours ) I couldnt walk or climb stairs without pain for 3 days afterwards
  • DempseyWRX
    DempseyWRX Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    60 minute weight training session
    15 minutes jogging @ 6mph
    40 minutes interval elliptical (20s @200rpm, 40s @110rpm)
    60 minutes basketball (3v3 pickup)
    150 minutes Tennis singles (3 sets) [experienced competition]
    30 minutes walking @ 3.5mph
    60 minute weight training session
    [over a full day]

I got a little psychotic about getting in shape prior to my first attempt at making my college rugby team's D1 squad lol.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    2.4 mile swim, 112 miles undulating road ride around the Swiss Alps, 26.2 mile run. Just under 16 hours total.
    No idea how many calories burned. It wasn't important.

Hell of a good job on the ironman. Honestly, your time doesn't matter on those, just just you finished.

Mine, run a 10km road race, then head to the gym for a full back workout including heavy (>90%) deadlifts.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i did an 11 hour bar shift yesterday, being up on my feet for all of it. I was pretty tired after haha but thats probably the most
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Climbing Gayasan (mountain) in South Korea. 1433 meters = 4 hours up and 3.5 hours down. I could barely walk for 2 weeks after. Calories = no idea. Probably over 4,000 plus tears.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    High altitude trekking in the Himalayas: 7-11 hour days at 3500-5700m altitude. At some points you had to pause for a second to get your breath back after taking a single step. It takes a long time to get anywhere at high altitude and there's a mental aspect to it that you can't replicate anywhere else.

Was gone two months and even eating multiple yak/buffalo steaks a day, lost an ungodly amount of weight. Went out at 12 stone-ish and came back 9 stone-ish (around 125lb). Family and friends were worried for me, strangers thought I was battling a terminal illness.

You literally can't eat enough food at that level of physical activity and it changes you emotionally/mentally. I literally left the old me on a mountain somewhere.

Wow, now that must have taken insane stamina.
    Something I could not do due to having COPD.
  • sj_1970
    Options
    Hiking a 4000+ some footer in the White Mountains, dunno how many calories it was though.
  • ab882012
    Options
    Working a 9 hour shift....with breaks. You people are beasts! I'm hoping I can keep up when I have more energy and endurance to do so! I want to be a fitness nut.
  • sj_1970
    Options
    Working a 9 hour shift....with breaks. You people are beasts! I'm hoping I can keep up when I have more energy and endurance to do so! I want to be a fitness nut.
    I am not a fitness nut. When I was fitter than I am now I used to like to go hiking or better known as; walking in the woods with friends to the top of a mountain to enjoy the views. I'm the slowest one of the crew too at least on the way up :)
  • mer1441
    mer1441 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hmm..well got up and in the morning did a brutal hiit ladder workout (20 mins) then a blogilates ab workout and then a 20 minute cardio workout. Then I had school, including double PE, then two dancing classes after school (ballet and highland dance), then when I got home I went for a 2 mile run, did a bodyrock workout, lower body pilates workout and stretching.
    All to be repeated for weeks after -taking away dancing classes on some days but I would practise at home anyway.