Is grilled chicken good for health?

Options
I love chicken ,especially grilled.

So is it good for health , if you are on a diet?

I still have close to 730 calories in my daily account and dinner is left...so....:wink::wink:

Replies

• Naturalhiker
    Options
    YES YES YES All chicken if grilled, baked etc except fried is totally fine for any diet anyone tells you otherwise is either a vegan or clueless.
  • stephiehampshire
    Options
    Ive always thought that chicken as long as it isn't coated in breadcrumbs and fried is a really good source of protein as its low fat?

My boyfriend has roast chicken pieces and rice for his lunches daily and has noticed a big improvement with his body (he is lifting weights)

Most dinners I do are chicken in sauce with rice or potatoes and veg, its very filling!
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love chicken ,especially grilled.

So is it good for health , if you are on a diet?

I still have close to 730 calories in my daily account and dinner is left...so....:wink::wink:

Grilled chicken is probably second highest in protein to turkey. If you like grilled chicken, enjoy it! It's nutritious and wholesome! Just a word of caution on the skin - some folks say remove it, others say keep it. The skin does add protein at the cost of some extra fat. Use your own good judgement.
  • Dipayan123
    Options
    Thanks guys.

So its grilled chicken for dinner tonight then :)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat grilled skinless chicken breast at least 3 nights a week. And at 30 calories per ounce, I get a really good size portion.
  • carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    yeah, breasts or tenderloins, skin free is best