wine?

Options
I just started and wonder how many people gave up wine? I love a glass or 2 with dinner. 86 cals?

Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Dont give up anything. Just have less, fit it into your calories and be really honest about how much you are pouring.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Never! I love wine. Just be aware, if you're counting calories, that the serving size is typically much smaller than what people pour.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Mmm Wine!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a bit of wine too, but I found it more beneficial to stop drinking wine with dinner each night.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Yes, being honest about how much you pour is important. I used to lie to myself back when I drank a lot. A 16 ounce Dixie cup is in no way equivalent to a "glass" of wine. Lol.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I WORSHIP wine.
    if your a wino, add me.
    some of have some and get on here and chat.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I haven't had wine in a few weeks...but that's only because I had forgotten the bottle of sweet red in the back of the refrigerator. Thanks for the reminder. I'm on it! :drinker:
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I gave up wine initially - we used to have a bottle or two every weekend, and it was wierd the first few dry Fridays. Just shows how insidious the habits can be. But now I do have wine - but I do measure my glasses, and don't have it as often as I used to. And I find it easier to do without. Good for my liver as well as my waistline!
  • stephiehampshire
    Options
    I have wine at weekends but I always scan the bar code so that I pick up the calories for the exact wine that I am drinking and I always measure the amount that I pour into the glass in a jug first

I think 175ml is a standard glass size but I find most of my "normal" glasses are around 250 - 300ml

There is no point giving up anything completely, if you know you can have a treat then its easy to avoid them. Sounds weird but its true!
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I TREAT myself with a glass or two when I have eaten well AND excercised that day. In this case, I have plenty of calories to spend on some wine and it's a treat... not with dinner. MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE.
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't drink any alcohol two days a week as I'm on the 5:2 way of eating, the other 5 , I eat and drink normally. I would try to fit wine into your calories as life is not much fun depriving yourself too much.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    wine, with a bath and candles.......oh .......you are asking, oh I enjoy wine!
  • justaweegal
    Options
    Thank-you guys. I did the calculations and poured a 6 oz glass which is 86 cals. Of course I had 3 last night. Going to keep wine for the weekend I think.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    i gave it up once for about a month and lost 5 pounds lol..but now I have it in moderation for sure , could never give it up
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If you're going to giveit up for life then go for it...otherwise, how is giving up wine fit into a sustainable nutrition and fitness lifestyle. Learn how to enjoy it in moderation and fit it into your calories. 86 calories is nothing.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love wine.

However I keep it to weekends now, and only buy the good stuff. I would far rather savour one glass of nice wine, than neck a bottle and a half of cheap rubbish.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes, please!!!. I usually know when the opportunity's going to arise so I budget it into my calories. i.e. weekends, gatherings.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you give up wine, let me send you my address so you can ship your leftovers over to me.
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes

I mean no, no I didn't give it up. I was just answering your thread title. Sorry.