Intermittent Fasting Newbie! Review my schedule please

Options
Ok guys this is my first time posting on the forums and I hope someone can be of help and offer insight and advise This is my second week of intermittent fasting following 16:8

This is my current schedule!

Fasting 7pm-11am During the fasting period I am intaking only water and 0 calorie beverages by Ice. After 11 am I break my fasting with an mixture of 1/2 cups each of fruit ex. strawberries grapes mangos apple slices Im still at work during this time Before leaving work at 4:30 i drink my Herbalife Tea concentrate which is a energy booster and I go home to do couch to 5k (running) and daily squats abs and arm exercises. Both arms and squats are with weights. Immedialty after my workout I drink a Slim Fast protein shake and then a meal with a salad. I have my daily 1200+ calories met prior to exercise My concern is getting maximum results Is my current set up okay if not what do i need to change

Replies

• carlom18
    carlom18 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Your set up is fine. IF works no matter how you set it up. its a lifestyle choice and can be integrated into your life as you see fit.
    A few questions

What do you mean when you say beverages by ice?
    What is your goal atm?

A few tips: to help get even more results, train completely fasted an hour before your feeding window and you an drink coffee or tea before your workout for energy. It is said to help a little and i have read why but cant remember. And yes, its fine to train fasted I have done HIIT during the 23rd hour of a 24hour fast and felt awesome.

More info on IF:
    http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting/chapter-3
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    there's an IF support group here on MFP :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/66-intermittent-fasting
  • carlom18
    Options

FINALLY! why havent i been able to find this
  • 2MuchToHandl3
    Options
    Sparkling Ice is a brand of sparkling water that i drink during the fasted period 0 calories! and 1 correction I meet my 1200+ calories after all my food is eaten for the day but of course the exercise takes away from that. I did during the first week for 2 days exercise completely fasted was doing 20:4 and i had to stop bc i felt so weak after the exercise had to eat and do so quickly. If theres another way to adjust my schedule better please advise I work between 8am-5pm then im free for exercise and I go to bed around 10:30 nightly
  • carlom18
    Options
    You could change it so you feeding window is from 4/ 5pm till bed time and fasting starts from bed time till 4pm the next day. its similar to what i use to do. and judging by your diet from what i can read ill add more protein from eggs, meats etc. which will keep you satiated a bit longer. Other than that your schedule is fine. just give it time and results will come
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I know very little about IF, but you're not only eating 1200 calories a day, are you? Because that's not nearly enough to meet your weight loss goal.
  • 2MuchToHandl3
    Options
    I eat more than 1200 but i know that's like the bare minimum so i made sure to say i eat 1200+ Im not starving and eating 800 calories a day or anything like that I chose intermittent fasting to save money cut body fat specifically in my stomach area and its convenient
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I eat more than 1200 but i know that's like the bare minimum so i made sure to say i eat 1200+ Im not starving and eating 800 calories a day or anything like that I chose intermittent fasting to save money cut body fat specifically in my stomach area and its convenient

IF doesn't save you money because you still need to est the same amount of food as a standard deficit I take.
    IF does not increase the rate fat burns.
    You cannot spot reduce fat in your belly.

You should get your diet in check before moving over to IF. Figure out your tdee and eat 20 % below that.

^^^This coincides with everthing I've learned about eating patterns amd weight/fat loss.

I don't know a lot about IF as I have not chosen to go this route to get to my goal weight. But the one thing I ask anyone who asks if their way is a good way to lose weight. Is this sustainable for you? Can you see yourself eating this way for the rest of your life? If not, in my opinion, this is a diet and not a lifestyle change. Now, I have met people on here who are at goal weight and still doing IF. So for them, it's obviously sustainable. I'm not in any way saying it isn't. I'm just wanting you to consider that question for yourself.