Any new Mommy's,

Options
GemUK84
GemUK84 Posts: 73 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi All,

Well I had gone from 218.5 lbs to 174 however I had started to out a few pounds back on and then found out I was pregnant. I am now a proud Mommy to little Lily who is nearly 6 weeks old.

I have decided its now time to sort out my weight now I've started to get to grips with life as a Mommy.

So looking for any other new Mommy's to start the journey with or any advice from Mommy's that have already done / started the weight loss journey?

xx

Replies

• JesGilb
    Options
    Here! Had my baby boy 6 weeks ago. I had lost 35 pounds to help conceive but I gained that and more. . And only lost like 20lbs now.. ill add you.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've got 3 more months on my maternity leave (I'm Canadian and so I get a whole year) and am trying to really take advantage and get a leg up on my health. I lost the pregnancy weight through breastfeeding, but still have quite a ways to go to get to my ideal weight. I'm 160 now and want to get to 125.
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    MY LO will be 6 months but still working on the weight :(
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Can we create a mommy weight loss group?
  • mamamartinezx3
    mamamartinezx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well, my youngest will be 7 months old on the 14th and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. :;sigh:: I'm working to get this weight OFF before having another.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm a new (again) mommy... just had my 3rd baby 2 weeks ago.
  • blondieellie
    blondieellie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey, my baby is 5 months old and I have a fair bit to lose. Feel free to add me - I need new mum friends to support me and vice versa.
  • fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had my baby boy six weeks ago, and I have a three year old son :) I gained about 35 pounds total this pregnancy. I am currently six pounds away from pre-baby weight, but I have about fifty more pounds that I want/need to lose total. Anyone please feel free to add me!
  • GemUK84
    Options
    Love the idea of a Mommy group, not sure how to do it though?
  • sueclare38
    Options
    Not a new mummy, an old mummy,lol, but feel free to add me, my youngest is almost 2.
  • devans25
    devans25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im also a new mommy! My son is 7 weeks old. Just really starting this journey!
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! My newest addition is 8 months old and the light of my life! <3<3<3 I gained lots of weight during TWO back to back pregnancies. Need to lose 72 lbs total, down 25 lbs so far. I also just really started on my weight loss journey in the middle of July. My goal is to be a healthy 130 lbs, which was my pre pregnancy weight.
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE NEW MOMMIES!!! :)
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Not exactly new, but...new"ish"? My son is 18months but so far I have only managed to lose about 20..... then I gained about 10 of that back. We are having a really hard time getting him to gain weight, so I have been focusing more on that than I have losing my own weight. But I think its time to renew my efforts so to speak!
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BTW there are lots of mommy groups here, but we can make a new one if yall want.
  • GemUK84
    Options
    I think it would be nice to set up a new group, anyone else interested? xx
  • savingdaisy
    Options
    Yip I am..I have a 18 month old but are battling to lose my last 10 kg, any support would be awesome! xx Em
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 18 months now! I gained 65+ while pregnant. I've currently lost the baby weight +20lbs.

MFP is a great place to get started, you'll find lots of support and encouragement. Good luck, feel free to add me.
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am not a new mommy but my son is almost three. But I am still on that journey to lose that weight. Feel free to add me too!
This discussion has been closed.