Salt

moonport
moonport Posts: 97 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone know a good alternative for a baked potato other than salt? I'm usually a plain butter and salt/pepper kind of girl, but I want ot reduce my sodium. I deas?

Replies

• LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Mrs Dash!!!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Mrs. Dash is great. I use it on everything.

But they also make a no sodium salt substitute if you are looking for the salt flavor. It's usually found on the baking isle at grocery stores.

Eva
  • Salsa on top of potatoes is great!
  • IRun24
    IRun24 Posts: 30
    If you like sweet pototes, a baked sweet potato with just a little butter and a dash of brown sugar/cinnamon is SOOO good. High in fiber, high vitamin C, low GL, high beta-C... altogether very healthy IF you keep the butter/sugar to a minimum.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    chili

broccoli and cheddar cheese

bacon bits

shredded parmesan

plain greek yogurt and chives

fox point from penzey's spice (http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysfoxpoint.html)
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Mrs. Dash. Salsa. I've also started slicing potatoes and baking them with different seasonings on them. Rosemary is delicious! Preference for me is still margarine and pepper. It's too yummy to pass up sometimes.
  • Cavender's Salt Free. It taste really good because it uses Potassium Cholride instead of Sodium Cholride (salt). It is in the same family. So it tastes similar to salt.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    feta or parmesan....but feta melts smoother....
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    I have replaced butter with the artifical spray that taste just like butter, but Zero cals and everything else.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I cast another vote for salsa or chili. Both are fantastic on a baked potato :tongue:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    A little sour cream + salsa
  • MystcDrmr
    MystcDrmr Posts: 36 Member
    i only use mrs dash
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    I love me some tuna on my baked potato! It can get a bit dry though so I either mix it with low fat mayo or if I'm really on a health kick, 100% fat free fromage frais to add some moisture and bind the fish flakes together
This discussion has been closed.