Early bird training

Options
I am starting back at University next week, and since it is a postgrad I will be in uni every day, 9am - 5pm, and will either be working at night or studying.

I am hoping to fit my exercise around this by going to the gym before class at 9am. I am NOT a morning person so getting up will be a challenge.

I wanted to ask if anyone else forced themselves to work out first thing and how they achieved this?
What did you eat before your work out? I will pretty much be getting up and heading out first thing and will want my proper breakfast after my work out, so was thinking a smoothie or a shake?

Replies

• NatashaB8
    Options
    bump
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I get up adn workout first thing inthe morning. I like my breakfast after my workout so I don have anything other than Lemon and water before I workout. It doesnt make me more hungry to eat afterwards it actually keeps me fuller longer. I am not really a morning person either but if you are determined than you can do anything that you want. If I dont get up early there is no other place I could put working out. I work fulltime and I am a fulltime grad student. Good Luck you can do it!!
  • Kyledrums
    Kyledrums Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothy first thing then some cereal after my run/work out. If you struggle getting up early try getting up 30 minutes early for a week then adding an extra 30 minutes each week till you hit the target time.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I am typically working out by 5 am every morning so I can leave the house by 7 to be at work just before 8, so not having kids to get ready or drop off and nowhere to be until 9 sounds like Heaven to me! I just get up. You just have to do it.

I don't eat before I work out, but you have to experiment with that, whether or not it works for you. After I have whatever breakfast I want that day, usually eggs in a wrap or on an English muffin with cheese and/or bacon or some oatmeal.
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Thank you :) Hopefully this will work out. Will just take some getting used to!